Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY 2004 TRAYBACK Parklights fuse blows

Garp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY commodore
Hello this is my first post on these forums , i purchaced the ute about 6 years ago and havent had any issues with it , mecanical or electrical until a few days ago when i took it in for an inspection, they found the park lights not working , later i took the globes out and they were both blown, so i replaced them and they still didnt worked , so i checked the 10 amp fuse under steering and it was blown also , i replaced it but as soon as i put switch to park position the fuse blew , i pulled out all the other fuses but park fuse still blew , did a visual inspection at the back lights wiring but evrything looked ok.
I also hosed down the vehicle engine after a degrease prior to taking it for an inspection and i am thinking maybe i created the problem,
Any feedback would be much appreciated i tried a few tests with multimeter but not really sure if im doing things right. Is this a common isue on these utes.
Cheers

Garp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY commodore
Yes all lights at the back work except for the numberplate light i know from the electrical diagram that its part of the circut , i check it looks ok

Garp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY commodore
With the igntion and switch off I did a multimeter reading on blown fuse socket and got a reading of 12. something on VOLT DC