Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY 25th anniversary HID H4-1 problems......

rsemaan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 2005
Need some help guys.

Tried to install HID h4-1 (lowbeam) onto a vy commodore. i changed the prongs so that its in the low beam and ground position(instead of highbeam and ground). The left HID would turn(right one didnt) on but the highbeams would be on aswell. Then when turned on again the right HID turned on but the left one was offf and the high beam were partially on.

:unsure: cheers ray

Attachments

• socket_wiring_diagram.jpg
    socket_wiring_diagram.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 28,036

CONROD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER 6.0l 6 Sp
Honestly just leave the original H4,s in there and update to some decent globes,saves all the headaches and legalities associated with HID,if there not in projectors etc,etc,etc.

rsemaan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 2005
yeah i understand where your coming from, but when i put the original h4's back in, i turn on the low beams and the rhs high beam also comes on? then when high beams are activated sometimes only one headlight works? lol any clue im so confused atm.

CONROD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER 6.0l 6 Sp
Check and check again that the prongs you swapped over are seating correctly and are not pushed out when you fit it to the back of the globe and make certain that they are not bridging and touching one and other.Have you swapped the relay to see if its the culprit.
When ever you might be unsure of electrical connections grab a note pad and jot down connections ,making note of wire colours/wire trace etc

BE very carefull rooting around with HID as the ballast produce very high voltages,some where in the vacinity of 20,000 volts:undead: