Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy accelerator cable adjustment.

yz300

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt wagon
Hi peeps. Just wondering if there should be any slack in the accelrator cable when it's resting against the stop? It's an ecotec for what it might be worth. I just would like to know if there should be any slack at all or a little bit when it's resting against the stopper, right now it seems like it has a little too much slack. Might this cause any running issues at all? Thanks in advance, Gus.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Slack is fine as long as you're not feeling it through the pedal - it should have a smidge. Idle is managed through the IAC stepper motor bypass

yz300

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt wagon
Slack is fine as long as you're not feeling it through the pedal - it should have a smidge. Idle is managed through the IAC stepper motor bypass
Ok. Thanks for your reply. I might adjust it a little.

yz300

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt wagon
I
I think i could feel it a little through the pedal. It did have a fair bit of play, could that affect any performance in the car that you know of? Gus.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I think i could feel it a little through the pedal. It did have a fair bit of play, could that affect any performance in the car that you know of? Gus.

No, the worst case it you can't go WOT but that would take an awful lot of slack