Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Air Conditioning Compressor Replacement

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
It’s normal for them to vibrate a little more with the additional load. I wouldn’t expect the compressor itself to cause the vibration. Imo definitely do the engine mounts before going any further. When they wear, the sump contacts the crossmember and causes shocking vibration especially under load.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
It’s normal for them to vibrate a little more with the additional load. I wouldn’t expect the compressor itself to cause the vibration. Imo definitely do the engine mounts before going any further. When they wear, the sump contacts the crossmember and causes shocking vibration especially under load.

I will have a look at that on the weekend,
I was watching a pair online a little while ago, but dis-regard them when I seen it looked like the compressor was the problem.
Will look into that option.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Could be a sticky or blocked IAC valve if it is doing it a idle. Throttle body might need a good cleaning. The ECU controls the IAC valve on the throttle body. The IAC then regulates the airflow through a bypass to give the correct RPM at idle.
Maybe its your fan vibrating try unplugging it and turn the A/C on to see if stops, your IAC maybe responding to slow as well. Maybe your exhaust brackets, maybe your radiator rubbers, Studs maybe broken holding
your compressor on.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
When you buy mounts make sure you get the hydraulic mounts in a decent brand. Cheapies vibrate more than rooted stockies

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Another vote for checking the IAC valve.
If it's blocked up the car will idle like a dog especially with the extra load when the AC is running.

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride
Could be a sticky or blocked IAC valve if it is doing it a idle. Throttle body might need a good cleaning. The ECU controls the IAC valve on the throttle body. The IAC then regulates the airflow through a bypass to give the correct RPM at idle.
Maybe its your fan vibrating try unplugging it and turn the A/C on to see if stops, your IAC maybe responding to slow as well. Maybe your exhaust brackets, maybe your radiator rubbers, Studs maybe broken holding
your compressor on.

Thanks for the other options to look at,
I had already replaced the TPS and IAC, as I did that at last service @ 185,000k's
And TB is always clean, as I always have done it at approx 5000k's each time.
So I had already ruled that out.

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride
When you buy mounts make sure you get the hydraulic mounts in a decent brand. Cheapies vibrate more than rooted stockies

Ah Yes, I heard that about the cheap ones.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Thanks for the other options to look at,
I had already replaced the TPS and IAC, as I did that at last service @ 185,000k's
And TB is always clean, as I always have done it at approx 5000k's each time.
So I had already ruled that out.
Have a look at this thread he had the same issue on his vy he shows you 2 out of 3 studs sheared off, not saying its whats wrong with yours but worth a look. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...dder.266925/&usg=AOvVaw1RR9yvqgy4VQ-MI-0nQIIy