Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy airbag need helpp!

dope_vy04

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII Ute
gday blokes,

had a prang in my vy the other week and hardly any panel damage was done but the F**kin airbag decided to pop in my face, how would i go about gettin it replaced and how much usually cause i need it real bad but due to the air bag being deployed i could get pulled over etc..

PLZ HELP!!

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The airbag is easy enough to remove - it's held on by four clips behind the wheel. You can access them with a small flat-bladed screwdriver through holes in the back of the wheel - you just need to lever the 'driver slightly to one side and it will release the clip which is spring loaded. Release all four, then disconnect the wiring connector on the wheel.

A second-hand airbag from a wrecker is probably your best bet - I think they have been referred to on this forum for around $150, but the VY, being newer, might be more. Refitting is just a case of disconnecting the battery before you do anything else and remove the air-bag fuse, then reconnect the wiring and clip the bag back onto the wheel.

However, I think there might be more to it than just replacing the airbag. The module controlling the airbag is located under the rear of the console. It records that the airbag has been deployed. I don't know if the module can be re-used but, if it can, I imagine you would need to have it reset using Tech 2 or whatever they hook up to clear the module. I don't know about this last bit, so don't quote me, but I'm reasonably sure that something would have to be done to clear the module before you could go anywhere.

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Put another one in and take it to holden to reset the srs codes. Only a certified airbag service centre can legally do this.