Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Arial Clicking

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
hey everyone, my arial on my VY ute ticks over about 3 extra times when its fully up or fully down... is there anyway to fix this? its really annoying hahahah any help would be great thanks :)

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Try Cleaning the aerial mate with some WD, And make sure its fully extended, Like have it up then try and pull it up more to check if it has anymore to give, mine use to do that cause it was not fully extending.

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
oh okay, so the motor is over clicking becasue there is actually more to go? this could actually be the problem becasue my car was a country car beforehand so it might be quite clogged up hahah thanks a tone mate!

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
Try Cleaning the aerial mate with some WD, And make sure its fully extended, Like have it up then try and pull it up more to check if it has anymore to give, mine use to do that cause it was not fully extending.

Didnt work for me :( any other options?

vx_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 'S
Mine does the same.

Other than pulling it apart, I think inside there are like button sensor's that when either fully up or down they activate them and tell's it when to stop.

Over time i guess they wear out.

So i'd say u'd need to pull it apart and re-align. Just so that when it either reaches fully up or fully down whatever pushes on the sensor's does so propley and on the right spot.

But, I have never pulled one of these exact ones apart other than to throw a new mast in, So it may be diffrent to what im thinking, Older one's i'v worked on used the button sensor deal.
Im about to rip mine apart and see what the deal is...It is quiet annoying!

If you havent found a fix by the time i get the time to fix mine ill let you know how i went.

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mine does the same.

Other than pulling it apart, I think inside there are like button sensor's that when either fully up or down they activate them and tell's it when to stop.

Over time i guess they wear out.

So i'd say u'd need to pull it apart and re-align. Just so that when it either reaches fully up or fully down whatever pushes on the sensor's does so propley and on the right spot.

But, I have never pulled one of these exact ones apart other than to throw a new mast in, So it may be diffrent to what im thinking, Older one's i'v worked on used the button sensor deal.
Im about to rip mine apart and see what the deal is...It is quiet annoying!

If you havent found a fix by the time i get the time to fix mine ill let you know how i went.

alrighty man thanks! yeah its just a yuck noise.... i just want it gone... ill have a look and see what i can find :D

Scruba

Wanderer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Mate I've got the same on our vx and vy. Getting them disconnected and internal (windscreen mounted) aerial fitted. Problem solved.

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Mine's done that since I bought the car
six years ago, with only 42,000 on the
clock.....

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mine's done that since I bought the car
six years ago, with only 42,000 on the
clock.....

god yeah.... thats a long time -.- apparently its pretty common though... i just want it gone while im using the radio... when i start on my sound system i wont even use the radio so i wont car but for now i do hahaha!

I8.A4.RE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY LS1 - LANCER MY10 - VE UTE
Most of you are way off. Try using the search function.