Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Audio Issues

Discussion in 'VY Holden Commodore (2002 - 2004)' started by Defect, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Defect

Defect New Member

Members Ride:
    VU Storm Ute (Daily), 180SX (Weekender)
    Hi Everyone,

My VY has had this issue where only the right hand speakers are working and the left only work ever so slightly. I decided to remove the head unit and have a look to see if I could find anything that could be causing the issue. I couldn't find anything so put it all back. Now my head unit wont turn on at all. As I clicked it back in place I hear the CD player start up but that was it. I have no display and it wont except CD's. I have checked the fuse under the steering column as well. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions to what might be the issue? Thanks

2. Sdel179

Sdel179 Member

Members Ride:
    VY Berlina V6

3. Sdel179

Sdel179 Member

Members Ride:
    VY Berlina V6
    Just replace it with an aftermarket one. I replaced the factory 6cd stacker with a Kenwood unit.. it's so much better I will run the factory speakers the volume level increase is amazing

4. Defect

Defect New Member

Members Ride:
    VU Storm Ute (Daily), 180SX (Weekender)
    Ended up finding out that the radio was still working and I was controlling it on the steering wheel buttons. It was the screen which stopped working. Still had the problem with the left side speakers not working though. Ended up selling the car anyway so it's not my problem anymore.

Sdel179 likes this.