Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Audio, Post pics of ur VY Headunit and SOundsytem

OZ38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 T5 SDN & VY V6 M35 UTE
azteche said:
I got the speakers installed by Strathfields, (cost me $65)
They also gave me a wiring diagram to hook everything up free of charge,
Then my dad and i just spent 1 weekend putting in the amp + sub and connecting everything. Took most of the day to get it right. LOL (or it could of been that Hahn Premium we were knocking back?) LOL

A!

Which branch did you go to ? In WA of course.

Also a Vy in 4 years I reckon about 16 - 18 grand maybe, hard to say with the fuel price trend.

azteche

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore Exec
OZ38 said:
Which branch did you go to ? In WA of course.

Also a Vy in 4 years I reckon about 16 - 18 grand maybe, hard to say with the fuel price trend.

Im down in Rockingham, So I saw the guys in rockingham.

Recently just this weekend wrote my new commodore off :bang:
So have to start all over again.
Some TWIT :computer: went through a red light light (south street + freeway)
and made a big mess of my car :(

So yeah, will have to do it allll over again.
Fun Fun.....

A!

OZ38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 T5 SDN & VY V6 M35 UTE
azteche said:
Im down in Rockingham, So I saw the guys in rockingham.

Recently just this weekend wrote my new commodore off :bang:
So have to start all over again.
Some TWIT :computer: went through a red light light (south street + freeway)
and made a big mess of my car :(

So yeah, will have to do it allll over again.
Fun Fun.....

A!

Ah man I know how you feel. I had some twit come through a stop sign 6 months after I got my VY and took the front off. so yeah know what you going through.

The oldies are in Rockingham and I've bought my daughter all her stereo for her car from those guys at Rockingham Strathfields. They were very helpful so looks like I will be going back there again. Thanks for that info. :D

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
Frandy said:
Oh, i forgot to ask
azteche & maxy0987 what VY's do you guys have?

I have a dark blue 2004 Series 2 VY Executive with a few extras like cruise control, power windows and a rear spoiler.

My future plans include an amp and speaker setup which im looking into at the moment, just getting some research done so i get the right stuff.
After a while ill get the car kitted and put in a few performance mods but thats not till i hit 25 lol and by then i might've grown out of it :p

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 VF SS-V M6 / '99 KN Laser
lol, i want to know which performance parts would be the best to put on a V6. Let me know what you find amp wise and what you find performance wise :D

Cheers

Cameron

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 11 'Redhot' Ute
im 20 and just bought a Vy s2 s pac 5 spd ute, i pay $1722p.a. insurence, but i dont get my liscence back for 1 1/2 months, ive got a pioneer 9650mp to go into it but i been qouted 350 all up to get it installed with the steering wheel controls, as for perfomance you could get SS CIA, K&N panel filter, pacemaker extractors and exhuast, they give you a lil bit extra power, your not really gonna notice the extra power unless you supercharge it aswell,

My future mods include 17" or 18" rims for my car and trailer, adjustable coil over suspension, so i can adjust it for when im crusing or working, ssv front bar and some type of skirt + rear bar, DD 9512f sub, two M1 monoblock amps, oh and before i do the subs i need to get a hard cover that doesnt leak, mine wasnt installed properly and leaks, then maybe ill start on some performance mods....

i got my ute for $21.5K so maybe in 3-4 years $15k for a vy, u should prolly buy a vt or something, then when you get some money behind you you may be able to get the latest shape..
ohh and stick with holdens, ive got a 1992 honda legend, such a beautiful car, 3.2ltr V6 beats vx holden V6, but its soo expensive to fix,

youve got plenty of years ahead to think all this through

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
Cameron said:
ohh and stick with holdens, ive got a 1992 honda legend, such a beautiful car, 3.2ltr V6 beats vx holden V6, but its soo expensive to fix

lol tell me about it, we got an 86 legend sitting in our front yard at the moment, we got it for nothing because a guy didnt want to spend mroe money fixing it. We need a water pump or something and the whore is going to cost around $2,000, what a rip.

anyway back to the audio side of things...
What size speakers are in the doors? i had a quick look before but cant get the grille off and was hoping i didnt have to take the entire molding off the door.

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 VF SS-V M6 / '99 KN Laser
Hey Cameron, where do you rekon i would be able to get an SS CAI and the K&N Filter, and how much would the extractors and exhaust system be?

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
frandy i hope you dont mind me pointing this out but i feel i almost have to..

you're 15, and while you're allowed to dream about your car, finding that sorta stuff out now is almost pointless. Prices will change, technology will change and your dream car believe it or not will change in the next 3 years. Being 18 (even in 3 years) you shouldnt be thinking about performance upgrades because it'll be hard enough to get an insurance company to cover you with an SS.

VY2ENJOY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Family Truckster
Stock head units sound good untill you have them replaced and hear the difference, I have a pioneer deh-9450 in my vy, in the pic the plastic panel around it is black and textured, but I have at the moment taken it out, given it a coat of hi-fill and am in the process of colour matching it to the dash, which can I say is a prick of a job!

(sorry about the washing!)

Attachments

• vy5.jpg
    vy5.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 962
Last edited: