Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Audio, Post pics of ur VY Headunit and SOundsytem

OZ38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 T5 SDN & VY V6 M35 UTE
VY2ENJOY said:
Stock head units sound good untill you have them replaced and hear the difference, I have a pioneer deh-9450 inmy vy, in the pic the plastic panel around it is black and textured, but I have at the moment taken it out, given it a coat of hi-fill and am in the process of colour matching it to the dash, which can I say is a prick of a job!

(sorry about the washing!)
can't get the pic to enlarge ?

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
nah me either, must be broken :(

delsa001

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S1
i just bought a vy series one exec for 15000 and for comprehesive insurance it is 1000 a year. so it is not that bad. pretty cheap compared to some cars. it is cheaper to insurer a modern commodore than a magna. i want to change my head unit but the steering wheel controls cost about 300 to make it work with an aftermarket unit

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
delsa001 said:
i just bought a vy series one exec for 15000 and for comprehesive insurance it is 1000 a year. so it is not that bad. pretty cheap compared to some cars. it is cheaper to insurer a modern commodore than a magna. i want to change my head unit but the steering wheel controls cost about 300 to make it work with an aftermarket unit

Not necasarily, Can't you get a Double DIN headunit & the controls should still work??

Cheers
Mat

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
VnPheonixS said:
Not necasarily, Can't you get a Double DIN headunit & the controls should still work??

Cheers
Mat

nope, the interface is a blapunkt only thing, so only their stereos can interface with it.

You can however buy things to fit onto the controls to act as a wireless remote if your headunit supports it.

VY2ENJOY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Family Truckster
Sorry guys dont know what happened to the other pic but hopefully this one works !.

Attachments

• vy_gauge55.jpg
    vy_gauge55.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 856

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 VF SS-V M6 / '99 KN Laser
VY2ENJOY, how much did it cost for you to buy the gauges, the binnicle and the headunit, and to get it all intalled. Was it alot??

VY2ENJOY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Family Truckster
G'Day Frandy, from memory the gauges (which are autometer sport comp not the HSV ones as I wanted black to match my dash cluster) were about $100 each from American Autos, the binnicle I got from holden $140 (bit exy) and I bought the HSV adapter for the oil pressure sender unit to fit to the oil pump which was $75 I think, wired it all up myself and was a piece of piss to do, took about 3 hours all up. The head unit I had installed by Audiocom in Kal along with the plastic surround and replaced the speakers with pioneer splits in the front and pioneer 2 ways in the rear doors for $1300 all up which I consider good as that head unit was $1800 when first released. Make sure that your installer uses a plug that fits your original loom and wires the new head unit to that, so if you ever have to your old head unit fits back in with minimal problems. Stereo sounds alot better than the original head unit (especially with the 10 inch sub in the back!)

Enjoy

Cameron

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 11 'Redhot' Ute
ive tried to get the wiring harness for a vy but they dont make it yet!! doest matter im geting it installed today.

OZ38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 T5 SDN & VY V6 M35 UTE
Cameron said:
ive tried to get the wiring harness for a vy but they dont make it yet!! doest matter im geting it installed today.
What wiring harness are you referring to Cameron ?