Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy back right quarter panel.

Leesha

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Holden Commodore Lumina (VY)
My vy commodore has a dent in the back right hand side quarter panel.
My partner did have a go at trying to fix it himself but was unsuccessful..
He also said/noticed that he wasn't really sure if you could even take the quarter panel off to replace it.

So i guess my question is, is it possible to replace just the actual quarter panel itself or?
Because I think I may of heard that it could possibly be classified as a ride off.
I hope that isn't the case though..

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Yes, the panel can be cut off and a new panel welded back on but the chances are the cost to do so would exceed the value of the car. A professional may be able to repair the panel economically. It depends on the extent and nature of the dent and whether other inner panels have also been damaged.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Because I think I may of heard that it could possibly be classified as a ride off.
I hope that isn't the case though..

Write off just usually means it's not financially worth it for an insurer to fix the car but the car might be totally functional. It only becomes statutory (unregisterable because it's unsafe) when the actual chassis underneath is too damaged or you have bent roof pillars to the point that the car can't be guaranteed to be safe even with repair.