Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Bluetooth handsfree kit via radio

M

mvrettas

Hi all,

I would like to get a bluetooth handsfree kit for my series 1 VY.

I've heard there are ones that plug straight into your radio and use the speakers and then a seperate microphone you can mount in the A-pillar. Is there such a system available?

If so, can anyone tell me where I can get these kits from?

Thanks.

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
Holden do a standard kit which is probably the easiest to have installed, unfortunately it's probably the most expensive......

KAL SPL

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Calais !!
Nokia bluetooth kit is adaptable , fit the mic and controller then pick up power and speaker from next to the deck just under the console.

ris00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 SS
go get a nokia blue tooth car kit, get the wiring adapter from holden parts plug the apapter into the cars wiring harness plug under where the stereo is wiring them to the blue tooth box thing put the nokia button somewhere and the microphone and bobs your uncle you have bluetooth.
You have to cut the speaker cable that comes with the nokia kit to wire it to the adapter so you can have the sound through your stereo and it stereo muting as well. Its a very easy job. if you need help pm me i did mine about 2 weeks and took less than an hour. the model of my blue tooth thing is CK-7W for your info.

Car kit cost me $135 on ebay and the wiring adapter i think was about $8.