Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Boot release solenoid

Cobra30

Reaction score
Website
www.cobra30.com
Members Ride
VY V6 S2 Crewman
Can someone with a sedan please tell me the colour of the wire (on the main loom side of the connector) that feeds the boot release solenoid ?

smyth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
Sorry mate I don't totally understand. Where exactly would I look for this?

Cobra30

Reaction score
Website
www.cobra30.com
Members Ride
VY V6 S2 Crewman
I'm not sure where the boot release solenoid is fitted on a Sedan (as I have a Crewman). On some cars it's mounted on the boot lid and in other cars it's mounted on the body and attached to the boot latch with a stiff wire.

The solenoid should look like a small round cylinder - assuming the Commodore solenoid is the same as most other types......

Since fitting a Mid level BCM for the windows and getting new 3 button remotes, I now have a boot release function but obviously no boot to use it on. I could however use this boot release signal to operate something else - dunno what yet, still thinking about it.
I don't know how far back the wire runs in the Crewman loom but once I know the colour, it'd be easy to find.

I can hear a relay clicking in the BCM when I press the boot release button so the feature is working but I don't know which wire it's on and metering each wire looks like a right pain but I might have to try it.

Attachments

• Solenoid.jpg
    Solenoid.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 765

vyssls1

sw only EFILIVE Tuner
Reaction score
Website
www.gmperformancecentre.com
Members Ride
310 rwkw Cam VY SS M6 , EFI LIVE Tuner
:w00t: black wire with green line for the lock actuator