Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy brakes shuddery?

yz300

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt wagon
Hi, me again. 03 3.8 Berlina. I'm on holidays so really trying to get my wife's car sorted. This might be a dumb assed question but I get called that from time to time. I noticed the clamp holding the brake booster hose to the plenum isn't a tight fit and the hose can be easily spun on the prong from the plenum. Also, the valve that the hose connects to that goes into the booster seems a wobbly fit compared to my vt. Whenever the brakes are used it feels "shuddery"(for lack of better words). Could these things i mentioned be a factor? Thanks again, Gus.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
no it should be tight i just checked the hose in my ute and that is tight cannot twist it at all at both ends

yz300

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt wagon
no it should be tight i just checked the hose in my ute and that is tight cannot twist it at all at both ends
Thank you. Off to the wrecker (holdens are good for wrecker stuff hey!!)for some better clamps, a hose and valve/grommet.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Wow that is cheap for rotors and pads! be silly to go machining your old rotors and buying new pads at that price

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
That is really cheep cheep for birds .... one has to wonder about quality if you don’t know any other better brands.
Disk machining done would be about half that online price, not hard to do, can easily be done on a lathe if you have access to one.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Yeah i think you're right.
Also generally shudder noises/feelings in the front end can also be warped disks, loose/worn pads, front wheel hubs/bearings/ABS issues and worn caster rubber bushes/dodgy tyres. High and low speeds usually indicate/rule out which is the cause and can include multiple items at the same time need replacing. :)
Might pay getting a complete front end check considering its nearly xmas before doing any fixes.