Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY brushes

VyBabe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
Hi guys, just wondering dose anyone know where i can find some kind of instructions to replace my righthand side #9 brush? I crashed it and have been told thats all the damage iv done, iv had an EXTENSIVE look and i cant even see any bends or anything didnt even nock the diff off centre. if anyone can help please let me know :) cheers :thumbsup:

taztassio

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S L67
whats the #9 brush?

do u mean BUSH?

where is the damage?

i have done all BUSHES to my car recently as well as a whole custom chosen suspension install.

VyBabe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
Yeah sorry im new to all this but wanna start doin it for myself. It kicked out in the wet twice then spun out 3 times and the back drivers side wheel is buckled in a bit I took it in to bob jane and they put it on the machine thing and lined it up a lil better for me and found out that I shattered the bush in the right. But cant see any other damage. I want to do more to it but gotta get it back on the road first. Its stock at the moment ex cop car.

taztassio

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S L67
ok, well chances are no matter how many bushes u replace, its still going to ****ed, as i did a similar thing to the LHS and i replaced the whole rear end.

as i said i have my old rear end with SS sway bars, and can sell you NOLTEK outer replacement bushes which are much better than the stock ones.

i would take the RH control arm to be installed, its prob just as $$ to replace the whole arm labour wise, as replacing just that bush.

It can be done at home (installing the new control arm), not the bush install, you need a press for that.

Send me a Pm and ill go through it all with you.

are you in melbourne? as i said i have my VY rear end (RHS is perfect, only a minor misalignment on the LHS, could have just been the bolt that was bent, but i replaced it all as im pretty picky about my car).

VyBabe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
thanx for all your help. :)

taztassio

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S L67
PM sent, its a long one.

It can be done at home, as labour would be a bit but not too dear, should be more than $600 with bush install.

As i said, i have a spare set of replacement OUTER (non adjustable) bushes i would sell.