Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy bumper gap help

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
I washed the vy last night and noticed that the front bumper has dropped down at the front a tad and now had gaps where the bumper wraps around the sides to the guards and now has a gap at the sides and under the head lights. It is annoying and have tried a few times to fix the problem but don't know what to do next.. My next thing to try is get the plastic clips that go into the guards that the bumper sides clip into..
1E1349EF-9E68-456F-87C8-20F800D39B07_zpsmxoeogzw.jpg

3BB86D4B-AD21-4DF4-87D2-99327EFB55A6_zpsqftbbrop.jpg

The plastic side clips I was talking about
D7713548-0B01-482E-AA9A-4AF1DDD6D026_zpss2b3hxih.jpg

Any tips or tricks would be super thanks :)

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Yeah man I had similar issues with my vz bumper lining up! The little plastic bits on the strip that go through the metal on your guard can wear out or break and your bumper sits bad.

So I drilled a little hole through the plastic strip that lines up with the hole in the metal and put a bolt through it to hold it on firm. So there was no drilling into the metal required just through the plastic strip.

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
The plastic strip hold firm in the metal for sides just the sides don't line up.. Might give the bolt idea ago.. It's both sides that are the same

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Is there ment to be something between the bar reo and the plastic bumper, like a foam or rubber strip? Also found new plastic strips for 60 a pair plus post.. Will see what the local stealership has on Tuesday..

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
this thread is pretty old but someone PMed me ans asked for a better explination of what i meant. anyway i had a bit of a prang recently and had to replace my guard so got some pics while it was off.

Ok this is what I was talking about. so in the photo below is the part on the guard where the bumper clips into it. when this black bit of plastic isn't sitting right the bumper to guard gap will be out. you can see in this pic on the right hand side where I have drilled a hole put a screw through it.

IMAG0212_zpshkvevmit.jpg

bellow is a photo of what this looks like from behind. as you can see the square holes are where the plastic bits that hold it on go through.

IMAG0214_zps2nki6th2.jpg

these square holes are the ones you want to aim to get your little bolt through just make sure you put a big washer on the back. that way you dont have to drill through any metal in the guard and butcher it haha. it also means if you ever wanna get a new one of those plastic rail thingys it will still fit. the screw has standed the test of time for me though and it was still sitting flush after the prang i had (the reason the guard is off and i took the pics) below theres a pic of the plastic clips that hold in on and the washer on the back.

IMAG0213_zps0bji6wzg.jpg

This should sort out the bumper to guard gap.