Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy cabin fuel smells whilst parked

schnooks001

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy
ive got a vy which has terrible fuel smells in cabin,only if the car is parked that the smell will appear after a few hours.i have checked the fuel lines and everything seems fine(there are no leaks)apparently the charcoal cannister is situated under the rear seat.any ideas?Mark

enhancedss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE R8 LS3, VYSS Ute 10.0@146MPH & VYSSTT 525rwkw
also check the hoses on the canister to make sure that all fittings are connected and tight or no splits in the hose.

there is a hose also that connects to the filler neck on the fuel tank.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
the lexcen we had years ago had the fuel pump replaced as it made the car stink of petrol

D

DANZHOLDEN

Same Problem Here

Hi Mark
I am having the same problem with my car. It's a VY ute, though. I have had all fuel lines checked, breathers, charcoal canister etc and there is no problem, just the same smell of raw fuel after the car has been parked for a length of time. Let me know if you find anything out. Thanks.

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
DANZHOLDEN said:
Hi Mark
I am having the same problem with my car. It's a VY ute, though. I have had all fuel lines checked, breathers, charcoal canister etc and there is no problem, just the same smell of raw fuel after the car has been parked for a length of time. Let me know if you find anything out. Thanks.
My VY ute has the same problem on cool mornings. I remember reading somewhere that there is a couple of vents behind the seat that run into the fuel tank cavity. If these dont close properly they can cause the problem. When I get time I will have a look at mine & let you know the outcome.

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
I had that problem a while back as well. Admittedly mine came after fanging it about for a while but hung around for a week or so afterwards. The boot and backseat stunk of petrol, mainly after being parked.

Took it to holden and they replaced injectors, said that maybe they started leaking or something because i overfilled the petrol tank? Sounded like bs but hey, its fixed.

Ute2004

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SV6 M6
Some of you might remember I had this problem. It is because the fuel vents are directed into the cab, not the atmosphere. A visit to your friendly Holden dealer will fix this

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
How stupid is that. Its illegal to have a fuel tank that with a filler in the boot but they can make a car that vents fuel vapours into the cabin.

JME_VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais used for 'soup kitchen'
Sorry to bring such an old thread back to life, but I have this problem. Can I just route the fuel vent outside the cabin? Are there any other options?