Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy calais dash in correct fuel gauge read

jas480

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy manual ute
I have a vy series 2 executive ute and put a series 1 calais dash in. Now the fuel gauge reads up and down and inaccurate. I had someone to try and reprogram it but no luck. Any ideas. I put the original cluster back in and works OK. Please help ?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The cluster needs to be correctly set up by someone with the correct software and who knows how to use it.

It will be looking for a whole bunch of different things. Airbags that aren’t there. Also expecting V8 or V6? You have a ute, but it was expecting to read the fuel sender from a different tank sized tank in a sedan with a different fuel level sender.

The odometer needs to be matched to your existing one as well.

LS Extreme might do all that. Envyous Customs used to. He set up my Calais cluster in my Crewman.

jas480

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy manual ute
The cluster needs to be correctly set up by someone with the correct software and who knows how to use it.

It will be looking for a whole bunch of different things. Airbags that aren’t there. Also expecting V8 or V6? You have a ute, but it was expecting to read the fuel sender from a different tank sized tank in a sedan with a different fuel level sender.

The odometer needs to be matched to your existing one as well.

LS Extreme might do all that. Envyous Customs used to. He set up my Calais cluster in my Crewman.
All that has been changed to suit the car already. They all read good. No problems. Just the fuel gauge and distance left in kms for fuel that arnt right.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Then it hasn’t been set up correctly. It would still be reading the fuel level sender as a sedan.

kms should also have been changed with supporting evidence of current km.