Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Calais Engine problem

redlion05

Red Lion 05
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2
Hello all.

I own a VY Calais S2 with a 3.8L ecotec engine. Lately when i drive, my engine stalls (but i still have the electronics on i.e. radio, lights) and it takes 30secs-1min before I can start the car again. Also, it likes to cut off the engine at times but instantly ignite back to life a second after.

This is a rare occourance and one that I can't show to a mechanic but can explain.

Any suggestions on where the problem can be found? Many thanks in advance

Mattrob

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Berlina
my crank angle sensor started it's slow death like that.

redlion05

Red Lion 05
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2
i figured it might be my crank angle sensor. I've had a similar instance with my old vn but i always like reassurance from others who might have a similar problem. Thanks for the head up

andyb749

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy berlina
my vn did the same thing and we changed the crank sensor but accidently bent a tooth on the harmonic ballancer so we had to change both, id say crank angle sensor sounds most probable

BakeTheTank

Phreddy-ed UP!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Series II
Honestly, have you been playing around with your airfilter? i had the same problem and all it was that my air filter hadnt actually been reconnected to the throttle body properly, and it was suffocating the engine.

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm
I had the same with my berlina a month ago. It was not the crank angle sensor replaced it. The problem was the computer underneath where all spark plug leads plug in can't remember the name but Holden wanted 400. I bought one from spare part shop for 100 same thing different brand