Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy calais lamp failure

drift-it

Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 Px ranger 4x4
hhi everyone! just bought my vy s/c calais this week...i put some smd led lights in the number plate lights and now the display keeps saying lamp malfunction..although impressed with this informative system. i wanna know if there is a way to recalabrate the system to accept the leds? anyone else had the problem?

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Id say the issue is the LEDs not putting enough load on the circuit. Probably need to measure how much resistance the normal globes provide and then the LEDS and somehow make up the difference with resistors?

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
hhi everyone! just bought my vy s/c calais this week...i put some smd led lights in the number plate lights and now the display keeps saying lamp malfunction..although impressed with this informative system. i wanna know if there is a way to recalabrate the system to accept the leds? anyone else had the problem?

You need something like this link to simulate a globe. downside is they get extremely hot,, also wont help if the globe/led does ever blow in future.