Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY calais s/c vs. VZ SS ute

drift-it

Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 Px ranger 4x4
time to upgrade from the trusty, little worse for wear VT. i have 2 options at the moment. a red supercharged calais with 92,000 red leather interior, jvc double din touch screen. apart from that stock. it has a fair few cat scratches and a couple of deepish scratches.
or a 04 VZ ss 6spd man 115,000 stock. yet to actually view it yet. there both within my budget to "buy". the calais would be more practical and probably more of a sleeper once im done modding it. but it doesnt have the V8 rumble! suggestions?

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
ute ute ute ute ute ute!
utes are sexy, plus it's newer, plus it's manual and plus it will have the orgasmic sound of a v8.

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Engine wise I'd go for the V8 any day. I guess it comes down to needing/wanting a sedan or ute.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
What Tim said!

drift-it

Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 Px ranger 4x4
im lookin at the ute 2 morro...they both have there pros and cons and i can get both of them into the 13 sec 1/4 easily which ill be happy with...i just want something nice with a bit of poke for my own enjoyment :D a ute will be gr8 as i want a quad bike in the future however in a ute i can only have one person :S so confusing this buying new cars business!

M

mwb235

time to upgrade from the trusty, little worse for wear VT. i have 2 options at the moment. a red supercharged calais with 92,000 red leather interior, jvc double din touch screen. apart from that stock. it has a fair few cat scratches and a couple of deepish scratches.
or a 04 VZ ss 6spd man 115,000 stock. yet to actually view it yet. there both within my budget to "buy". the calais would be more practical and probably more of a sleeper once im done modding it. but it doesnt have the V8 rumble! suggestions?

I love my VT s/c Calais and am happy with the power & torque. But unless you particularly need a sedan (e.g. for family) or really can't do without the lux Calais bits, i'd go for the VZ ute if it's in alright nic. Better motor, SS kudos, a little bit newer. Don't worry about the extra 23,000km that's nothin' for an 8.

drift-it

Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 Px ranger 4x4
yer there is a question here or else i wouldnt have bothered asking.. i would love the v8 torque and noise and the fact that i can gett a hard tonneau some rims and lower it and itll look like sex! however the calais does look fairly classy and the l67 can get up and go...in some cases straight passed the 8..well to 100 atleast! lol

what are your power, L/100 figures and mods for 8 or 6?