Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Castor Rod Bushes

perthclaret

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VY
Guys, apologies if this has been posted before. I took my 2004 VY into Auto Masters for a service yesterday and they have told me that the castor rod bushes are cracked and need replacing!

Now, I have been told by 2 other mechanics independently that they find this strange and do not believe they would need replacing.

Can anyone shed any light on this as to whether I am being led up the garden path by them saying work needs doing that I can't actually verify??

Thanks in advance.

vnv8driver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
304 Calais
Common problem, your better off going the harder aftermarket nolethane bush's which stiffen the ride up a little & have more durability.

Easy to replace yourself too, just need a spanner & vicegrips. also dont overtighten the nuts, only do them up until the bush's start to squash.

azza_85

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Executive
I recently did mine too. but i got confused when there was a 4mm spacer on one side but not on the other. i thought both sides had to be the same. anyone help?????

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Get under there and look for your self. But yeah even though they do wear often if the car is driven hard I would find it hard to believe that both sides are split.