Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy chrome boot trim question, any help much appreciated

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
went to holden today to order a chrome boot trim for my executive where the number plate screws into? berlina's and calais have them and i thought they were all the same, i was very wrong.

berlina series 1 are different to berlina series 2 and different again to calais, the calais and berlina series 2 are 320$ and the berlina series 1 is 180$.

so my question is, is there any difference? if i buy the series 1 one will it fit and is it chrome? i have the grey one but want to upgrade. holden didnt know and didnt seem very helpful either (surprise surprise)

any help would be greatly apreicated, or if anyone knows a place that i can get them cheaper, ebay seems to have few and far between..

cheers, jason

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
i thought they where all the same (vy/z berlina /calais), when i ordered mine i just asked for a vy/z calais chrome number plate surround, that was for a sv6 though

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
yeah thats what i thought? i thought it might be the backing colour behind the chrome (grey or black). how much did yours cost if i can ask?

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
mate i cant remember was about 5 years ago now, about $180 sounds right, deffently wasnt $320

oh and it was i denitical to my brothers vz berlina, and i asked for a calais, both black plastic with the chrome lip

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
I, too thought they were all the same.... Bit bloody pricey, though!!!!!

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
yeah im pretty sure doing some research (on the road) that vy berlina s1 is the same as body colour, vy berlina sII and calais are chrome. i know s1 is 180 and calais s 320 but didnt check sII, hopefully thats about 180 too lol, im not paying 320, ill wait for em to pop up on ebay again.