Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy clubsport fuel Sender unit replacement

Zarko Dimitrov

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy clubsport
I stuffed up, I bough a ls1 series 1 sender unit for a ls1 series 2 dash cluster. Now do I need to Buy a series 2 sender unit, or just a part of a series 2 to swap over To the series 1 sender unit? ..PS can anyone give me a price range.

Last edited:

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
vy clubsport has the LS1 the VZ hsv had the LS2,

Zarko Dimitrov

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy clubsport
vy clubsport has the LS1 the VZ hsv had the LS2,
My mistake I ment ls1 series 1 and ls1 series 2..
Easiest thing to do is just return it & get the correct one.

You can install the one you have, but then you need a scanner to change the settings in the cluster.
OK, I'll tell you all.
My vy clubsport series 1 center cluster was showing ghost lines, and the DIGITAL speed was faded,.so I brought a second hand vy hsv series 2 cluster believing mine was a series 2..the seller.. FUSCCARS SAID THEY ALL FIT EACH OTHER.THEY SAID YOU JUST NEED A TECH 2 TO ADJUST THE ODOMETER TO YOUR ORIGINAL READING CAN BE PUT ON THE NEW ONE..
AFTER INSTALLING, THE NEW CLUSTERS READ..GTS COUP..AND THEY REWOUND THE ODOMETER TO ZERO..ACCORDING TO THEM..A TECH 2 CAN FIX ALL..WELL AFTER Paying 2 AUTO ELECTS TO FIX IT......NO GOOD..A THIRD MAN FIXED IT, EXCEPT ..HIS TELLING ME NOW I NEED A LS1 SERIES 2 FUEL SENDER UNIT....so I'm wondering do I need a whole new ls1 series 2 feul sender unit...or can I use some parts of the series 1 and just buy a part or 2 of the series 2 parts and put it all together.??

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
vy series 1 and 2 pump modules are different so its either the sender reads backwards to the other or they can sometimes use different size hoses to connect to it or different electrical plug connection, im not sure if the sender part can be swapped between them or a tec2 should be able to change the dash to suit

Zarko Dimitrov

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy clubsport
vy series 1 and 2 pump modules are different so its either the sender reads backwards to the other or they can sometimes use different size hoses to connect to it or different electrical plug connection, im not sure if the sender part can be swapped between them or a tec2 should be able to change the dash to suit

Zarko Dimitrov

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy clubsport
The dash I. Installed...it reads the right amount of klms, and the mechanic change the start up read out from GTS COUP 1234 ..TO VY CLUBSPORT 1234.... EXCEPT THE FUEL GAUGE IS READING UPSIDE DOWN..SO A LS1 SERIES 2 FUEL SENDER UNIT IS REQUIRED , just wondering can 1 or 2 pieces be swapped..or does the whole unit need to be swapped.?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
they should be able to change the gauge reading to suit with the tec2 i would have thought

Zarko Dimitrov

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy clubsport
I spoke to the people at fusccars + lsextreme and my mechanic...all saying series 1 fuel sender unit with series 2 dash cluster = upside down fuel gauge read out...can't do anything except change the fuel sender unit...I was just trying to find out if I can get out of it a abit cheaper by not changing the whole fuel sender unit..maybe a part or two.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
if just the sender part is changeable looks like it should be able to swap to fix issue