Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy clubsport respray

leavz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
Leavz

Great thread and top work. A couple of questions.

You said you would be replacing the rear RH quarter panel and there are no pics of it replaced or repainted. Have you done all this work and the panel still needs replacing?

2nd question. What colour is that?

Yep thats correct, i'm waiting for insurance to go through man, once it's in the process of being removed i'll be sure to tell my mate to take photos so i can post them :p

in the mean time i'm going to do everything else so once the quarter panel is done the car is finished :D:D

leavz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
A dark silver or mid metallic grey might look alright.
Yeah its hard man, that sounds good though, i was thinking like a very fine gray silver or something its so hard :(

leavz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
hope the pic works, but a really drank grey or black would look clean and tidy, and make people second guess its been sprayed.
12797649_1511768469129375_1663496179_n.jpg

would love to find a pic of it, but haven't had any luck, there was a Mint green VE HSV I used to see near on daily, and the colour looks awesome. Good choice of colour though.
damnn that actually doesnt look to bad cheers for the photo mate definitly considering it, best colour i've seen so far!!

leavz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
Painted door handles, bonnet garnish again cause it was full of ****, mirrors, boot garnish, outside of the bonnet and the radiator support.

everything turned out perfect. :eek::D

leavz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
Sorry for no updates, photo bucket has been really **** lately :mad:

Painted the inside and out side of the doors

leavz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
Rear bumper, rear quarter, fuel flap and rear quarter garnish rocked up so they all got painted apart from the quarter as i'm waiting for the fuel neck part to come so it can be welded onto the quarter panel before being fitted, either way the old quarter is off and new one is just sitting in its place.

leavz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
also put the left side doors on, rear taillight, guard, headlight and all moldings.

leavz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
Blacked out the secondary colour on the body kit, Forgot about the bottom parts of the rear bumper even after trying to remember to do them :mad::mad::mad:

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
not a huge fan of the color but youve done a nice job man. how much was that rear bar worth? im assuming you went through insurance to do that and the quarter panel. how do you get radio stations with no antenna? you mounted a hidden one?

leavz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
not a huge fan of the color but youve done a nice job man. how much was that rear bar worth? im assuming you went through insurance to do that and the quarter panel. how do you get radio stations with no antenna? you mounted a hidden one?
i've had a few people say that then a few say they love it haha, everyone has different taste and opinons man.

rear bumper was $1400 genuine senator bobtail thats on its way is $1000, but the genuine clubsport one is $1200 crazy prices i couldn't believe it.

I dont usually listen to the radio, but i'd say in the future if it bugs me ill get a window one, also you're right i did go through insurance.

Last edited: