Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Commodore 2003 - Interior Dome Light

Vidalion

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VY 2003
Hi Holden friends

I need some help with an issues:

Interior dome light not working.
The interior read lights work and when I use the dome light switch I hear clicking. I checked the dome light bulb and it works. I checked the terminals to the bulb but has not power. I have change all the fuses for new ones in the interior fuse box and the exterior fuse box. I have also checked all the relay internal and external and they all work.

Also:
When I turn off the car the centre window switch lights stay on and drain the battery. I have checked all relays and they work. I have changed all the interior and external fuses for new ones. At night I have to unplug them so I can lock the doors with the remote and this does not drain the battery so far. The windows are after market and I have had them on the car for about 2.5 years.

When I start the car the wiper blades do not turn on. But when I turn on the fan and click on the AC button I appear to get power and the wipers work. I have checked all relays and they work. I have changed all the interior and external fuses for new ones.

Any ideas what's going on?

Thanks Chris

Last edited:

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
It sort of sounds like a ground wire issue with in the Dash/Console,
Have you tried to rest the system via the Dash Menu ?
But on the other hand, is also sounds like the Drivers Door Actuator not working correctly to shut everything down.

There will be other that may also shed some light [no pun intended] on this fault.

Vidalion

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VY 2003
Thanks I will check the ground wires. I also noticed that the accessories turn off when I open the driver side door. This also happens if I have rhe AC button on. It turns off when I open the driver side door.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Take out the door switches. Give all the earthing surfaces a clean with scotchbrite and soapy water. Then rinse them. Let dry. Reinstall.

Vidalion

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VY 2003
Hi Holden friends thanks for the feedback. I will try the suggestions. Thank you. Chris