Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY commodore ABS issue

max_power

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
Guys

Wondering if anyone can help me out with this one.

Currently have a mechanic looking at my Vy with an ABS issue. ABS has been disabled and so has traction control. ABS light remains on in the dash. Have checked all speed sensors, have even replaced suspect ones, all wiring checks out and also have swapped ABS module out with another one. Cleaned all required connections as well....

The mechanic now tells me he has had an auto elec look at it and reckons its the cluster module?....sounds like a crock of sh!t to me, as he now reckons i have to change out the complete instrument cluster. Cant find a detailed schematic for this. My understanding is the ABS is talking to the ECM/ECU which then shows any issues on the cluster, as the cluster basically acts as a "monitor" for any issues from sensors and the like sending to the ECU.

Any suggestions would be good.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
What DTCs did he get out of the car if any?

Burnout124

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2/ VY SS 6sp
are you running same size wheels and tyers font and back that can cause all sorts of problems. but the truble codes would help i dont think it would be in the dash

max_power

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
there were 19s on it however i have jus put the standard 15 alloys back on due to the amount of pot holes up here
as far as codes go, it was showing up right hand side front and rear sensors. both checked out ok. i even replaced them jus to be sure. when the mechanic took the car for a spin all 4 speed sensors were all over the place..at first they were showing the usual acceleration graph. however then they then went ape ****, not jus on the right hand side but the left as well, spiking all over the place, and then one of the left hand side one wasnt showing an form of acceleration at all.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I'd be checking a couple of things, make sure all the connections to the sensors are making good contact, make sure all your earths are tight and make sure the battery terminals are clean and tight as well.

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
or could even be the abs module itself

jdcasagrande

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY s pac supercharged
I use to have a 2005 VZ executive, and the abs light use to come on all the time, my mechain checked the sensors on the wheels which were dirty and then used a hand held computer to wipe the cars memory of the abs alerts. The abs light didnt come on for about 3 months and then came on again in which he suggested to replace sensors, (which arnt cheap). At the end of the day mate, your brakes are fine, its just that the ABS sensors are overly sensative. \

- Keep your sensors clean, and get the mechanic to wipe the computer for any alerts and thats all you can do without spending big bucks.

Hope this helped