Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Commodore Broken into :( !!!!!!!!!NO ALARM ACTIVATED!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by VYCamo, Apr 17, 2009.

1. VYCamo

VYCamo New Member

Members Ride:
    VY Executive Series II
    Just had some f*&#ing lowlife bastard break into my car at a shopping centre carpark, put a brick through the back drivers side window,
    Stolen:
    Sony DVD XAV-W1 Media Centre Head unit
    Ipod adapter for sony head unit
    Ipod Classic 120GB
    Neon lighting kit

What bothers me the most is the fact that despite a window being smashed with 2 joined bricks (spraying glass all through the car, and over the roof/boot) NO alarm had been activated, the car unlocked as normal, anyone know any tech reasons as to why no alarm was activated???????????

(Thank god i deadlock it, cut the bastard that stole it to bits when he must have climbed back out, DNA will hopefully prove helpfull for forensics tommorrow)

2. vy_storm

vy_storm just another moderator... Staff Member

Members Ride:
    VE Calais V 6L
    Probably because the factory alarm doesn't have any glass or motion sensors?

3. SAV_117

SAV_117 Donating Member

Members Ride:
    VY Lumina
    yeah the alarm isnt connected to the windows which is kind of **** upgrade for me soon ;)

4. evil_monkey

evil_monkey New Member

Members Ride:
    Holden
    if the car was not deadlocked the alarm would of gone off when the locks were released

you can proove this method by locking it with the remote whith the window rolled down then unlocking it manually by pulling the latch up

5. VYCamo

VYCamo New Member

Members Ride:
    VY Executive Series II
    :O Cheers for the answers, Wasnt aware there were no window sensors, definitly doing my research on an aftermarket alarm system then,
    @Evilmonkey: Thats a good point, but theres pro's and cons of deadlocking, since the bastard cut himself forensics went over the blood, and found a match, so he'll probably be caught, con is that the alarm wouldnt arm.

Anyways guys, cheers for the answers, definitly a wake up call to tighten up on the car security a bit...

6. alien

alien New Member

Members Ride:
    03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
    Thanks VYCamo, i always deadlock my car. I knew the alarm wouldn't go off, but firstly it's a pain in the ass getting into a deadlocked car (and you can see why now). But my windows are also harder to smash in through. If your looking at getting tint, ask if it strengthens the glass (as well as making it harder to see in [e.g. i've parked at a shopping centre, had a GPS just under the factory head unit and 2 laptops on the back seat, but you couldn't see them easily!]).

Sucks to loose all that, i havn't put my head unit in yet, wondering if i should or just sell it LOL

How did you install the head unit? Obviously it wasn't done right, because you can secure them pretty easy in the VY's.

7. lil_mickey

lil_mickey LOUD AND PROUD

Members Ride:
    VH 253 :-)
    Or was it done right?
    I saw a while ago that if its too secure they will just try and smash up the dash around it, sometimes that cost a hell of allot more than a head unit. Especialy a custom dash or one like the VY with lots of parts to replace.

Once they get the head unit they normally take off so they wont get caught, leaving minimal damage...

In your case it sounds like you got 1 broken window and some audio stuff taken which is bad enough, but it could have been worse.

8. alien

alien New Member

Members Ride:
    03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
    How long do you think people stay in a car that's been broken into? Whether or not the alarms going off? With alarm it used to be a maximum of 20 seconds! Without was a little longer, but still enough to deter them from getting a head unit worth more than the dash surround. Usually nowadays if they can't get the head unit out and they can see it not budging they'll give up because they usually dont have tools to remove it quickly. A professional installation can definatly secure your head unit.

9. Ado

Ado Are we there yet?

Members Ride:
    vsII statesman L67
    Sorry to hear mate,hope you get the person.

10. Ado

Ado Are we there yet?

Members Ride:
    vsII statesman L67
    Tint or no tint,two bricks will win in the end.

11. VYCamo

VYCamo New Member

Members Ride:
    VY Executive Series II
    Forensics were in contact today, aparently found a match for the DNA, but they said theres slim to nil chance of getting the stuff back....

Unit itself was secured in with the normal brackets that came with the head unit, but, was only screwed in on the left hand side, and since they ripped the glovebox out a screwdriver would have had it out in a minute.... when i get my replacement ill have to either use some locking screws, or just strip them all together

Took me a good 6 hours today to disinfect the whole car, even blood on the roof lining, so ill have to replace that under insurace...

12. Thats-How-We-Roll

Thats-How-We-Roll New Member

Members Ride:
    VZ V6 Ute On 20z
    Grr more lowlife scum break in's!! im just waiting for the day when one of us commy heads catch a scum breaking into our nice cars then take a big ass baseball bat to these lil punks! teach em a lesson!

13. GoodKarma

GoodKarma New Member

Members Ride:
    2012 VEII SSVZ wagon & 2009 Cruze diesel turbo
    Yeah, but get yourself locked up in the mean time for assault!:bang: Can't win either way!:cry:

At least the damage was minimal and they didn't get away with the "pride and joy".

14. Thats-How-We-Roll

Thats-How-We-Roll New Member

Members Ride:
    VZ V6 Ute On 20z
    hmm well all depends if u beat em to death or not! its just a hard way of learning a lesson for them and im sure the judge will see that and agree, but agree pride n joy is still in ur possesion!:thumbsup:

15. azkwazere

azkwazere Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....

Members Ride:
    VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
    If you dead locked the doors, how did it unlock?

As said earlier, the alarm will only go off if the door earth circuit is activated... install some glass break sensors and a tilt sensor too.

aZk.

16. faroogoo

faroogoo SENTINEL

Members Ride:
    GMH
    Hopefully there is a conviction eventually so you can put in a claim for a victims of crime payment,which would be handy to help recoup some of the money.

17. VYCamo

VYCamo New Member

Members Ride:
    VY Executive Series II
    yeppp, all said and done, not too much to fix up, could have been worse since there was a lighter on the back seat, which they used to melt some of the wiring off the head unit......could have come back to a puddle of molten metal :(

@azk, meant that when i unlocked it after havin cops go over it, it unlocked without beeping, ect, as i assumed at the time that the alarm should have gone off, thnx to the help here i now know a whole lot better :)

18. VTSSDUDE

VTSSDUDE Active Member

Members Ride:
    VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
    Very good point. Least if it is just sitting there, they take it and run. No smashed dash surrounds, or mangled up metal surrounds internally.
    Win or loose situation.

That's no good mate, pays to deadlock the doors. Make it just that bit harder to get in then.

19. scorp

scorp New Member

Members Ride:
    04' VY SerII Acclaim
    that sucks dude...ive only had my vy for 2 months now and if that happened to me id be pissed...maybe a lesson though to park in more people traffic areas and maybe put a good alarm sticker on youre car to deter people..Also make sure you dont leave any valuables for people to see...

Ive just started to deadlock my car now..anyways hope you catch the c*nt who did it..People who steal **** like that are scum. I reckon Australia should copy america and set up some bait cars, that would put some people off/..

20. leigh 7005

leigh 7005 New Member

Members Ride:
    vb sle
    basball bad to the knees when they are on the groundn stomp on there hands that will teach them i know the two people that stole my car one was 13 and the other was 16 what gose around comes around they will have a car one day then its mine and ill take it infront of them just to wach them cry hahahahahaha