Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Commodore Broken into :( !!!!!!!!!NO ALARM ACTIVATED!!!!!!!!!!

VYCamo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive Series II
Forensics were in contact today, aparently found a match for the DNA, but they said theres slim to nil chance of getting the stuff back....

Unit itself was secured in with the normal brackets that came with the head unit, but, was only screwed in on the left hand side, and since they ripped the glovebox out a screwdriver would have had it out in a minute.... when i get my replacement ill have to either use some locking screws, or just strip them all together

Took me a good 6 hours today to disinfect the whole car, even blood on the roof lining, so ill have to replace that under insurace...

Thats-How-We-Roll

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VZ V6 Ute On 20z
Grr more lowlife scum break in's!! im just waiting for the day when one of us commy heads catch a scum breaking into our nice cars then take a big ass baseball bat to these lil punks! teach em a lesson!

GoodKarma

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VEII SSVZ wagon & 2009 Cruze diesel turbo
Grr more lowlife scum break in's!! im just waiting for the day when one of us commy heads catch a scum breaking into our nice cars then take a big ass baseball bat to these lil punks! teach em a lesson!

Yeah, but get yourself locked up in the mean time for assault!:bang: Can't win either way!:cry:

At least the damage was minimal and they didn't get away with the "pride and joy".

Thats-How-We-Roll

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VZ V6 Ute On 20z
Yeah, but get yourself locked up in the mean time for assault!:bang: Can't win either way!:cry:

At least the damage was minimal and they didn't get away with the "pride and joy".

hmm well all depends if u beat em to death or not! its just a hard way of learning a lesson for them and im sure the judge will see that and agree, but agree pride n joy is still in ur possesion!:thumbsup:

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
the car unlocked as normal

If you dead locked the doors, how did it unlock?

As said earlier, the alarm will only go off if the door earth circuit is activated... install some glass break sensors and a tilt sensor too.

aZk.

faroogoo

SENTINEL
Reaction score
Members Ride
GMH
Hopefully there is a conviction eventually so you can put in a claim for a victims of crime payment,which would be handy to help recoup some of the money.

VYCamo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive Series II
yeppp, all said and done, not too much to fix up, could have been worse since there was a lighter on the back seat, which they used to melt some of the wiring off the head unit......could have come back to a puddle of molten metal :(

@azk, meant that when i unlocked it after havin cops go over it, it unlocked without beeping, ect, as i assumed at the time that the alarm should have gone off, thnx to the help here i now know a whole lot better :)

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
Or was it done right?
I saw a while ago that if its too secure they will just try and smash up the dash around it, sometimes that cost a hell of allot more than a head unit. Especialy a custom dash or one like the VY with lots of parts to replace.

Once they get the head unit they normally take off so they wont get caught, leaving minimal damage...

In your case it sounds like you got 1 broken window and some audio stuff taken which is bad enough, but it could have been worse.

Very good point. Least if it is just sitting there, they take it and run. No smashed dash surrounds, or mangled up metal surrounds internally.
Win or loose situation.

That's no good mate, pays to deadlock the doors. Make it just that bit harder to get in then.

scorp

Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VY SerII Acclaim
that sucks dude...ive only had my vy for 2 months now and if that happened to me id be pissed...maybe a lesson though to park in more people traffic areas and maybe put a good alarm sticker on youre car to deter people..Also make sure you dont leave any valuables for people to see...

Ive just started to deadlock my car now..anyways hope you catch the c*nt who did it..People who steal **** like that are scum. I reckon Australia should copy america and set up some bait cars, that would put some people off/..

leigh 7005

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sle
basball bad to the knees when they are on the groundn stomp on there hands that will teach them i know the two people that stole my car one was 13 and the other was 16 what gose around comes around they will have a car one day then its mine and ill take it infront of them just to wach them cry hahahahahaha