Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Commodore door ajar light stays on wondering if this is draining the battery

Patfish

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SILVER HOLDEN SEDAN
Simply put car wouldn't start bought a new battery all went well then i hadn't started it in 3 days and boom it wouldn't start recharged battery no problems it fired. Yet on the dash the door ajar light stays on even when the car is off as in not running i'm wondering if this is causing a drain? If so how can I fix it? Cheers for any help. Ohh it is a
2003 SILVER HOLDEN SEDAN power or electric windows for the front winders for the back

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Have a look at your door switcher maybe stuck due to corrosion, but if to do that your interior light should be on unless its a dead short draining the battery but that would blow the fuse. A 5w globe would drain it enough to flatten it, I know people say they have issues with the ABS keeping on the lights but yours is just one light, does your interior lights come on and off?

Patfish

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SILVER HOLDEN SEDAN
Have a look at your door switcher maybe stuck due to corrosion, but if to do that your interior light should be on unless its a dead short draining the battery but that would blow the fuse. A 5w globe would drain it enough to flatten it, I know people say they have issues with the ABS keeping on the lights but yours is just one light, does your interior lights come on and off?
Awhile ago a mechanic disconnected the interior light, that might be an issue as well