Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Crewman Fuel Flap - what fits?

AngelicEwe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Crewman
Hi everyone,
I've had a quick look to see if there were any other threads that answered my question, but had no luck. Apologies if I missed anything relevant and this is a common question.

We recently bought a VY Crewman. It's a great car, but the fuel flap is, of course, missing. I really want to replace it, but I've heard a bit of conflicting information and I just want it cleared up - what will fit? Do I have to get a fuel flap specifically for a Crewman, or are they all universal in that model?

Thanks everyone.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
The Crewman flap would be specific. It has a different hinge, no catch, and a raised area to fit you finger in to open it, similar to this. The flat sedan type would be problem to open unless you had a small, very thin screwdriver.

This a VB/VC flap. Maybe you can use one of these.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I was recently at a wreckers and came across a shelf with a heap of Holden fuel flaps were there,
After sifting through them, I found 1 for my wife's car, correct colour also,
Cleaned it up, polished it, Fitted it and the rest is history.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Thought bubble …… do utes have the same style flap, without the remote release ?

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Thought bubble …… do utes have the same style flap, without the remote release ?

VU - VZ utes have the same style as you've posted above......Manually Opened

A fuel flap from a VU - VZ ute should fit

Last edited:

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Hi everyone,
I've had a quick look to see if there were any other threads that answered my question, but had no luck. Apologies if I missed anything relevant and this is a common question.

We recently bought a VY Crewman. It's a great car, but the fuel flap is, of course, missing. I really want to replace it, but I've heard a bit of conflicting information and I just want it cleared up - what will fit? Do I have to get a fuel flap specifically for a Crewman, or are they all universal in that model?

Thanks everyone.

I do have to go the wreckers for part for my nephews 2012 VE Ute soon.
I can have a look to see if there is one for your Ute, as there have a fair few of them, What is the colour ?
Send me some Photo's of what your model/year it is, and will see what I find there, that if you still looking ?
they sell for about $28 approx.