Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy Crewman SS Suspension?

Fez01

VY SS Crewman
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SS Crewman
Hey guys, I need some advise on a suspension setup for my crewman,
At the moment it has front pedders sports ryders keeps it low and looks the goods, the rear is a pain hard ride but mainly for looks, it has a capa fuel tank to stop tailshaft hittting it, stop block between leafs and diff and the leafs are flat and it has shocks at bolt under where the leafs and diff meet!

I am now looking at something different and have considred alot, 4link setup with airbags, air assit airbags, 4link with springs, but i want to do the airbags as this will help getting over kerbs!
However the airbags are fine for the front i have sourced some from airride they do them for commodores!
But the rear has got me ####ed. 4link with airbags sound like an expensive but best way to go and i am happy to spend the money, but i thought what if i just ditch the leaf springs and shocks and put airsprings between the diff and chassis, or airstruts between the diff and chassis, a bloke told me this cant be done i have to go leaf or 4link but when i look under the car i can see it working?

What ya's reckon!
Cheers Fez

VZSSTHUNDER06

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Crewman S2
What did you end up doing? I was hoping to find a big discussion on this :(
Im having issues with my rear suspension set up, I had heaps of noise in the rear so replaced the leafs with VZ crewman leafs and now the diff sits 20mm away from the bump stop and bottoms out!!
Leaf springs can EAD!