Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Cruise Control Patch

Ozkruz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Cab Chassis
I have done a heap of researching on the threads to do with Cruise Loom Patch, or adding Cruise to non cruise cars.

I have a 2004 V6 VY Cab Chassis that has no cruise, I have bought the module, brake switch and changed out the stalk. My engine loom has no plug in the engine bay so I am looking at the cruise patch kits.

from everything I have read, I can use a V8 patch loom and change out one of the plugs. I just want to confirm that is correct (I can source a V8 patch loom kit) and for someone to confirm which plug needs swapping out (says it is a quick change)

I am assuming the patch kits have the wiring from the stalk and the brake switches as well.

I can’t source a V6 patch loom for the cruise anywhere, well so far anyway

Cheers,

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
If you don't have the plugs ready to go I say you have to change your pcm, don't know though just a hunch..

Ozkruz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Cab Chassis
Fr
If you don't have the plugs ready to go I say you have to change your pcm, don't know though just a hunch..

Thanks for the reply, I had read that thread but it didn’t really answer what I was looking for. I don’t believe I have to change the PCM as the patch looms address the missing plugs and the module is still ok even on the base versions.

After a lot of trawling there is one reply that says the V8 patch looms are the same, except one plug and I believe it is the one that plugs into the cruise module.

Supposedly this plug can be swapped out easily

Ozkruz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Cab Chassis
Thanks, that is the one I was looking at and I didn’t want to buy it if it wasn’t going to work

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Thanks, that is the one I was looking at and I didn’t want to buy it if it wasn’t going to work
There a few on ebay with complete cars selling Cruise module just ask them for the patch lead. Good luck.