Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy dash and cluster conversion to vt commodore, please help!!

PROJECT_VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Ok,

i have spent hours searching posts regarding the conversion of a complete vy dash, cluster, console, steering wheel to my vt commodore executive sedan but am getting different answers on basically all of them.

I just want to know if i have everything needed to complete the task, i have just finished removing everything out of a vy executive

i have:

Complete dash, console and cluster

complete wiring loom from engine bay to front seats

fuse panel under steering column

bcm (mid)

whole steering column removed with ignition, key and steering wheel, (unbolted from under dash and removed complete)

basically gutted the interior as im planning to do complete vy interior, roof lining and all the trims, carpet ect ect. Also front end conversion (if i win on the interior job that is lol)

i left the heater box in the vy as i was told they are the same, looking at them they do look the same to me anyway

ecu was removed before i had a chance to grab it.

Am i good to go or am i missing stuff??

Please, anyone that can give me any assistance regarding this would be much appreciated, i have all the above but am worried im going to have a stripped car and fail miserably, its been done and im determined to do it. Just want a straight answer ;)

thanks in advance

Last edited:

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Please, anyone that can give me any assistance regarding this would be much appreciated, i have all the above but am worried im going to have a stripped car and fail miserably, its been done and im determined to do it. Just want a straight answer ;)

thanks in advance

Well this isnt a straight answer, but basically if your stripping everything from the VY into the VT, there shouldnt be a problem. As your literally just replacing all the major electronic components.
Its going to be a matter of just biting the bullet and beginning the conversion and see if your missing anything vital, or if theres a left over plug? (general not), Or if you get an error message on the dash for XYZ fault occuring.

What sort of interior have you pickedup/looking to get? With electronic climate control or without? Since thats another hassle in its self to do!

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
The only thing I heard of is that I think some of the plugs are different.
Don't quote me on it though.

PROJECT_VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Re: Dash conversion

Hi, thanks for the reply, i have finished the install today, i gutted interior, main wiring loom from engine bay to dash, bcm ect from a vy exec, standard climate control, however i didnt get the ecu and from what i can see so far i think the ecu needs a loom as well, there are 2 or 3 plugs located on drivers side kick panel that i cant seem to find a matching plug, im presuming it may be for power windows as i only have winders,, i may be wrong though, this is a first for me so im most likely missing a few things, i have inserted some pics of the dash in, finished it about 4 hrs ago, i have also added them to my profile pics if i they dont show up sorry about the quality as it was dark lol, all day task, any info would be appreciated, also im new to this site, cheers, jeff

well this isnt a straight answer, but basically if your stripping everything from the vy into the vt, there shouldnt be a problem. As your literally just replacing all the major electronic components.
Its going to be a matter of just biting the bullet and beginning the conversion and see if your missing anything vital, or if theres a left over plug? (general not), or if you get an error message on the dash for xyz fault occuring.

What sort of interior have you pickedup/looking to get? With electronic climate control or without? Since thats another hassle in its self to do!

Attachments

• VY.jpg
    VY.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 1,658
  • vy2.jpg
    vy2.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 2,243

Blu383

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 Vt supercharged 383 stroker
Hey mate, do you know if the vt cluster would fit into that dash pad or would there be gaps?