Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy dash gauge install

ris00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 SS
just wondering if any has successfully put gauges on the dash where the HSV's come standard with them? Is it hard to do? Do the wires have to be passed through the firewall or is there a wire loom already there for them?

Last edited:

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
I did mine aftermarket, it was not all that hard really.
Just one wire thru the firewall for your oil sender switch.
Yours being a ss there mabye wiring there, just get a flat screwdriver and lift your panel off and have a looksy!

ris00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 SS
took off cover this afternoon no wires present. Rang holden dealership to see if they can install it for me and said it would be 3 hours labour!!! surely it cant take that long for professionals. So im trying to seek advice here. Dont really wanna spend $900 for 2 gauges.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Like i said, go aftermarket and you'll save alot of dough depending on what gauges you choose.
The installation is fairly straight forward, if you want further info pm me and i'll be glad to help you with it.

ScottB_33

Go Hard or Go Home
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Berlina Supercharged
Having done this mod with a mate on his VY series II utlity, we purchased the genuine kit from holden which provided about a fifteen page instruction manual which covered all the necessary steps to install the gauges. It took us approx 4hrs to do on a saturday morning as there is a lot of parts to the dash that must be removed and refitted. The only wire to go through the firewall is the oil pressure sender unit wire, the rest are connected into the wiring harness within the dash. We fitted the gauges to a six cylinder but the instructions do suit a V8. Approx cost of package $660.00 from holden. You had to do some minor electrical connections and joins but otherwise was staight forward to do!! Follow all instructions carefully and you should not have any problems. The package & instructions covers both vehicles with climate and non climate air!! The instructions are also printed with colour photos. Good luck!! :yeah: