Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Dash Won't Light Up

Danielzke

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commy
Hey guys
Went for a drive in my car to pick up some food about 30 minutes ago and turned on my headlights, they turned on but the dash didn't ? No lights on the gear lever or air con controls either ? Any ideas what could be wrong ?
Cheers

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
^As Above^
Check fuses, Number's 4 ,11, and 12.

CJAff

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Acclaim
Were the speedo and tacho working? My entire dash stopped working once. Speedo, tacho, temp gauge, lights, EVERYTHING. Turned out it was the alternator. It wasn't regulating the current properly and basically shorted out all the electronics.

CONROD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER 6.0l 6 Sp
Had the exact same problem in a VY I once had,found all I did from memory is when I turned the lights on and the dash,switches wouldnt lightup,You know the little switch you hold down or up and it automatically adjusts the brightness,well it must of started playing up I gave it a flick and all was good.

Danielzke

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commy
Thanks fellas, hopefully anyone else that has this problem sees this thread. The gauges still worked but I had taillights not working. It was a fuse, all good now all fixed up