Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY DFI Module Wiring

ange80rave

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Supercharged Commodore SPac Series II
Just wondering if anyone can tell me what the green highlighted wire is on my DFI module connector. It has a burnt out connector at that wire.

Its not the module, have tried 2 new ones and a few second hand ones.

Had cam angle sensor and crank angle sensor replaced, they were both fault codes found on the scan tool

Only recently did c02 sensors, all spark plugs, coil packs and leads

Driving home from mechanics today it dies 15 mins after picking it up, auto electrician came out, cleared fault codes for sensors, then pulled off the DFI module plug and hubby noticed this burnt out connector. Auto leky cleaned it up put dielectric grease on it, it got us 80klm ...20klm short of home then died again raced home grabbed tools recleaned connection ...got it going and got her home.

Just wondering peoples opinions, going to replace the faulty connector if we can, or just cut one off a wreck and solder it on.

Do you think this is the problem or result of another issue that we haven't thought of, can't find a diagram, found a buick v6 diagram, is different but this wire is 12V constant ours is also a larger wire.

When it suddenly died battery light came up, checked leads there was no spark

Attachments

• burnt pin.jpg
    burnt pin.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 1,091
  • DFI Module Connector.JPG
    DFI Module Connector.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 1,744

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You used to be able to buy brand new replacement DFI connector plugs.

ange80rave

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Supercharged Commodore SPac Series II
Yeah I looked tonight and couldn't find anything and I live in a rural area and really need it to fix it by Monday to be able to get to work and kids to school