Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Door locking beeping and central locking problem

Spxtcs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Equipe
Hi, first time posting.

I recently bought a 2004 VY Equipe (series 2) and everything was fine until a week later when upon locking with the remote, the car beeped 5 times.
The problem became more constant and every morning I would have to sit in the drivers seat and push the lock knob up and down until the car locked the rest of the doors (only the drivers side lock would lock the drivers door when pushed manually). This helped SOMETIMES with the beeping, since I'm guessing the working central locking wouldn't make the car think a door isn't closed properly, meaning the beeping wouldn't happen.

A few days ago, I washed the car, as you do, and straight after the central locking would not work no matter how many times I pushed the knob on the drivers side. Of course, the beeping was constant. We tried slamming the passenger front door a few times and this would work, allowing the car to be locked with the remote without beeping a few times. We suspected the front passenger door since it isn't aligned as well as it should be (maybe 5mm wider gap than usual between the edge of the front passenger and rear passenger door).

Took it to holden, told them the issue, they changed the drivers front actuator. Went to pick it up, they claimed it worked all day (my arse), as soon as I touched the lock button it beeped. The central locking wasn't constantly working either. And i forked out $400.
We left the car there overnight, they looked at the driver's side door wiring and said 'NOW' it was all good. Then It happened again just like the day before. They kept it overnight again, looked at the passenger door and adjusted the actuator rod, saying they were 'over it' and didn't have any other ideas. Picked it up yesterday (was fed up with holden, had a feeling it would stuff up nonetheless), all seemed well, locked well inside and out, the driver's lock knob seemed stiffer too (had more force when locking). Then around 7pm i took it out, and the problem returned. I needed to open the rear left passenger door to get something, closed it, locked the car and freaked out everyone around because of the beeping.

Anyone have any ideas? BCM? front passenger actuator? The alignment of the door?
Also, Holden managed to stuff up the button to move the mirrors on both front doors, guessing it happened when they put the door trims back on.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
Ahh the joys of electrical problems. I've just sspent $500 bucks on a fuel gauge that corrected it's self lol.

Can you take any video of the problem and post here? FRom the sounds of it i am thinking BCM but it surprises me Holden didn't come to that conclusion as well.

Spxtcs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Equipe
Thanks for the reply,
would you believe it I tried locking it 6 times and not a peep! any bet it will do it tonight when it gets colder

Spxtcs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Equipe
Just my luck, went to check if the interior light comes on when i unlock it, it doesn't (sensor problem?/receiver?) and now the bloody thing won't lock, keeps beeping. Could be a receiver or something?

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
just beeping or do you mean alarm going off?

Spxtcs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Equipe
beeping around 5 times and if i open the door after it beeps (because the doors don't lock when it beeps), the alarm goes off.

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
o.k. about 5 yrs ago the alarm in my VYII XUV started going off randomly,there was no weirdness with beeping, just 3am randomness !!!

Took it to Holden, nothing , a month or so passed , I was key locking it , as it got stupid,

then locked via remote at lunchtime and it went off at 2pm , so rushed down to holden,

they ran tech 2 and faulty L/H door switch came up, they replaced it and it's been fine ever since.

the code on the paper work- 90214392 SWITCH ASM-DOME , they were only $14.74 back then, the labour cost me $65.00

So maybe replace all of them.

Hope this helps.

Spxtcs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Equipe
Thanks for that,
but what's weird is even key locking it in the actual door doesn't work sometimes. Tried locking the other 3 doors manually with the knob and then using key to lock driver's door, doesn't lock. Could I (for the meantime) lock the driver's door by pushing the knob down before I close the door? Will unlocking it after using the remote work or will I have to deal with the alarm by using the key in door to unlock?

Spxtcs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Equipe
Nah, they're just a tiny bit higher than the rest of the trim (maybe 2mm) and they go lower into the door when you press on them, but the driver's button is good. The front passenger door button is sometimes 2mm higher or sometimes properly in the door.