Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY door locks etc remote not working

05red vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ute
wondering if any one knows , i have a problem with locking my ute with the key fob , it wont do it , i have to lock it with the key in the drivers door . i have had the keyfob replaced to no avail . is there something else in under the dash that could be faulty and preventing the fob from working . NEW FOB / NEW BATTERY

gluten3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY L67
Check the fuses under the steering column. If only one door is not working, could also be broken wire.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Was the key replaced with a genuine one? If not, do so.
Were the correct procedures followed to calibrate it to the car?

The lock sensor is in the centre of the dash in that flat part between the vents. Get the key close to that and try.

Check continuity between the harness plug on the car side and the actuator on the door by back probing the wire. Also between the car side of the plug and the door side of the plug.

A faulty actuator might be a problem here as well. They are interchangeable between all doors and models VT-VZ. Just need to swap the top bit of the solenoid to the one that matches your car. Slide the rubber boot down and it unclips by sliding it.

I swapped my drivers door actuator solenoid with one from the rear door of a VX. My problems were solved.

Outbak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Wagon
wondering if any one knows , i have a problem with locking my ute with the key fob , it wont do it , i have to lock it with the key in the drivers door . i have had the keyfob replaced to no avail . is there something else in under the dash that could be faulty and preventing the fob from working . NEW FOB / NEW BATTERY

Its probably the actuator in the door. I had same problem and had it repaired 2 weeks ago on my VY Wagon. You need to have the part replaced.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You just replace the solenoid, not the whole assembly/part.