Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Door out of alignment?

rokkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII
Hi Guys

After detailing my new purchase VY series 2 Berlina, have noticed the driver’s door appears to be a little out of alignment as have also notice slight air noise when driving 90klm plus.

Can identify this as the groove in the top 1/4 of the panel does not line up with the rear door (front door setting to high 2-3mm) and the rubber flexible seal on top of the driver door sits 2mm higher than the passenger door and petreuds pass the body work just as it starts to curve down towards the mirror which I believe is where the wind noise is coming from. Where on the passenger side the groove lines up and the rubber seal is tucked in with no wind noise apparent.

Further to this when the door is shut it feels like it making contact with the catch before it making a good seal with the rubbers and the panel is not completely flush with the rear door

It appears the door either needs to make contact with the catch later (move latch further in) which might cause the door to move slightly down as the resistance from the seals could align the door, or I need to drop the catch as well?

Is there any adjustment within the catch/lock located on the door?
Any idea what could have caused this? Door slamming

Car is a 2004 company car from my work place and although I didn't drive it, I know it has not been involved in a single accident.
Your help appreciated.

Cheers

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
How do you know it has not been involved in an accident??

How is the other doors?? It could be a little chassis twist which I doubt. I'm not sure on yours but on my car I can adjust the catch mechanism slightly.

VT Berlina 07

15.37 @ 147 KPH
Reaction score
Members Ride
96 EF2 Futura I6 Auto
hi, do you have any pics?