Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Drivers Seat Height Adjust

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
I have a 25th Anniversary model (Executive base) and I've noticed my drivers seat is a fair bit higher than the passengers seat and my head is just below the roof. The electric adjuster seems to only want to tilt the base of the seat. Does anyone know how to lower the seat base so that it is level with the passengers seat?

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'll give it a try tonight I had a quick look and that appeared to only tilt it and after a few minutes it is still just as high. Higher spec models have 2 buttons one is for height adjustment.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
It's called the four way power seat, because it raises and lowers the whole seat, and tilts the front and rear separately. If you push the whole button down instead of just one end, the seat should lower. If both motors are working, there is no reason why it shouldn't work properly for you.

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks it worked. I pushed the whole button down but the seat goes back as well as down. I was able to then push the front of the button down to level the seat back up.

rxv3000

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy berlina gen III
not a big fan of the electric seats. easier with the old style.

dah_man_ben

Reaction score
Members Ride
Tesla Model 3 Performance, Mazda 6
not a big fan of the electric seats. easier with the old style.

Dunno bout that mate, would have to say that the power seats are sh*tloads better than the old rod thing

pedrod59

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series II Supercharged Calais
While taking about the height adjustable electric seats, I have a problem with mine. It has only just started. My car is a 2003 Series 2 Calais. It has the leather electric seats.
I had seat covers on it and just took them off. I'm not sure if taking the covers off caused the problem, but the FRONT of the seat WILL NOT go UP or DOWN any more. When pressing the lever all I hear is a "clunk" sort of sound. It won't move. The back still goes up and down no problems. It is stuck at the full height now and is to tall for me.
I've had a good look as best I can without taking the seat out and couldn't see anything. I thought by taking the seat covers off I may have disconnected a wire connector or something. I couldn't see anything like that

Firstly has anyone ever had a similar issue and found the problem?
Secondly if not, is there a way to manually lower the seat to a more comfortable position.

Hope someone is able to give me some advice.

Thanks

Cheers
Peter

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2 HBD V6 Sedan 2004
While taking about the height adjustable electric seats, I have a problem with mine. It has only just started. My car is a 2003 Series 2 Calais. It has the leather electric seats.
I had seat covers on it and just took them off. I'm not sure if taking the covers off caused the problem, but the FRONT of the seat WILL NOT go UP or DOWN any more. When pressing the lever all I hear is a "clunk" sort of sound. It won't move. The back still goes up and down no problems. It is stuck at the full height now and is to tall for me.
I've had a good look as best I can without taking the seat out and couldn't see anything. I thought by taking the seat covers off I may have disconnected a wire connector or something. I couldn't see anything like that

Firstly has anyone ever had a similar issue and found the problem?
Secondly if not, is there a way to manually lower the seat to a more comfortable position.

Hope someone is able to give me some advice.

Thanks

Cheers
Peter

Hi Peter, sorry for late reply and thread dig but I had to reply.

This happened to my VY Calais just a few weeks ago. I had put seat up to its maximum height and it wouldn't come down. Doing exactly as you described. You need to tap or gently hit or hammer near the worm drive gears under chair. I didn't go under, but my auto elec mate looked and use I think a small hammer to tap somewhere near worm drive gears. The problem is that when raising to its fullest highest point, the chair actually can go past the point of return. The gears can't detect where the chair is at so it just clunks when trying to move.

See how you go.

Matt

HsvR86.2

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 Vy
Hi Matt,
This is exactly the issue I am having I can see the worm gears move but not raising the seat, do I hit onto the worm gears and hope for the best?
Cheers