Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Driver's Seat

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
The seat has two motors. One raises/lowers the front of the seat and one raises/lowers the rear. There are two switches connected to the knob. Try just toggling each end instead of tilting the entire knob and you'll see what i mean :).

when i got my car one of the motors/assemblies was seized (presumably because the previous owner never moved it from their position) but i got it working again by holding the button and helping the seat move up. Hasn't missed a beat since :). Also check for a loose connection - You can reach the motors from the rear.

ucrvme

[UCRVME]
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Holden VY Berlina
This is a very common problem - when i took mine to holden he charged me $34 but that was my circumstance - but he said its a fault with every vy

highflya

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY '03 SS
wose case scenario . how much does it cost for a new motor?

StormVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Storm Ute
The seat has two motors. One raises/lowers the front of the seat and one raises/lowers the rear. There are two switches connected to the knob. Try just toggling each end instead of tilting the entire knob and you'll see what i mean :).

when i got my car one of the motors/assemblies was seized (presumably because the previous owner never moved it from their position) but i got it working again by holding the button and helping the seat move up. Hasn't missed a beat since :). Also check for a loose connection - You can reach the motors from the rear.
Champion. I found it was the rear motor by individually checking each end of the switch. Got under the seat and checked the connections, they looked ok but after wriggling them around the rear motor kicked in and now my head doesnt touch the roof! Thanks mate.

HsvR86.2

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 Vy
Hi Guys,
With my Vy Calais on the drivers seat it will move forwards and backwards and it make the seat go down but won’t go up?

I can hear the motor working trying to go up (motor makes noise) but won’t go up??
Any ideas..... I’m thinking motor is fine but maybe the mechanical chain is at fault?

Thanks