Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy Ecotec ecu reset and code reading

Ethanol225

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy berlina series 2
So, I have an obdII scanner and it did not work on my series 2 auto sedan and after digging around the forum I found it uses obdI/ALDL. Is there some way I can not have to spend 80 on eBay for one or is it worth the investment. And is there somebody in vic that had the cable and software who is willing to donate some time to plug theirs in and read and clear any codes. I also heard that you can read codes by bridging pins 5 and 6 and counting the flashes, but I don’t know where these pins are, how to find 5 and 6 and how to read the output flashes. And I also can’t find a consistent answer to an ecu memory reset as some seem to mention a “relearn” or “reset” may be beneficial after modifications. Is this as simple as disconnecting the battery, draining the system of power and then turning back on? Some give some confusing and conflicting processes such as turning ignition on and off for certain periods of time or starting and idling and stopping and restating. Any help for any of my questions would be greatly appreciated!

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline

Ethanol225

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy berlina series 2
So I did the reset by removing the negative terminal, then turned on the headlight switch, pumped the brake a few times and tried to move the power seats Then waited 2 minutes. The car was allready warm and usually likes to pop a couple times when you start it when warm and when you rev it, downshift, coast, etc. but it did it much more for the first 5 minutes but then slowly returned to normal. The car seems more responsive and seems to launch slightly harder too. So all in all I would say it worked and did it’s job the car feels good.