Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY ECOTEC V6 dragstrip times

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
Ever tried your V6 Exec for times?
Nah, i always figured it'd be pointless. Once i get into an 8 maybe i'll think about it.

And Raptor, it seems suss that you've changed yoru story. You either have permission to delete/'clean up' his posts or you dont.

Obviously the question of price is something you want to keep to the customers who call/come see you but a simple 'price varies on application' would be understandable.
Far be it for me to tell you how to do business but i think deleting posts and just flat out ignoring questions isnt the way to go about building up trust in your company. Im sure forum members would rather you refuse to answer questions rather than just plain ignore them.(just my 2 cents)

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Nah, i always figured it'd be pointless. Once i get into an 8 maybe i'll think about it.

And Raptor, it seems suss that you've changed yoru story. You either have permission to delete/'clean up' his posts or you dont.

Obviously the question of price is something you want to keep to the customers who call/come see you but a simple 'price varies on application' would be understandable.
Far be it for me to tell you how to do business but i think deleting posts and just flat out ignoring questions isnt the way to go about building up trust in your company. Im sure forum members would rather you refuse to answer questions rather than just plain ignore them.(just my 2 cents)

Mate had you seen all of CalaisV6's posts you would understand. He did not 'ask' questions as he is stating. He STATED the tuddles and bob times and STATED that a VY with exhaust and rockers would basically blow off a Raptor charged VY. Now see why all it was was an ignorant post?

EVERY SINGLE post he has made on Just Commodores has been dedicated to having a dig at Raptor.

If ya dont believe it, look at his profile and look at previous posts. Not one post on any other topic, mind you the worst ones have been deleted. He is a pest and he does not ask simple questions, he makes sarcastic questions and idiotic, unfair statements and as far as im concerned his IP should be banned.

C

CalaisV6

Mate had you seen all of CalaisV6's posts you would understand. He did not 'ask' questions as he is stating. He STATED the tuddles and bob times and STATED that a VY with exhaust and rockers would basically blow off a Raptor charged VY. Now see why all it was was an ignorant post?

EVERY SINGLE post he has made on Just Commodores has been dedicated to having a dig at Raptor.

If ya dont believe it, look at his profile and look at previous posts. Not one post on any other topic, mind you the worst ones have been deleted. He is a pest and he does not ask simple questions, he makes sarcastic questions and idiotic, unfair statements and as far as im concerned his IP should be banned.

Most people with headers and exhaust and rockers tend to do low 15s, if you look back through the threads my statements are not false.

Tuddles ran 15.1 with 276 rwhp and bob 15.4 with 180rwkw, (So how am I making false statements when they posted there time slips and dyno graph).

So my IP add should be banned because I ask a genuine question why Tuddles and Bob ran slow times.

Stop with the attacks, Im not here to put a product down as I like everyone else I would like to no why they ran slow times.

When vtgt asked questions, he just got attacked and never got answers is that right to ignore someone, why dont you see the way vtgt was treated when he asked a question and the responses he got from raptor.

klaw81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SV8
Aside from the in-fighting, can I just point out that car magazines usually do their performance testing using a new car that's not run in. They also do their testing on an airstrip or race circuit, rather than a dragstrip which normally has traction compound etc, they don't normally do a burnout immediately before their runs, , and they usually have 1/2 a tank of fuel and 2 people in the car. This is done to simulate "real-world" conditions on the street.

Obviously most of these conditions will be different for the project car, and the times would be considerably quicker. But it does sound like you've got a particularly quick one.

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
Calais it is becoming clear that you are not genuine and its likely not much you ask is, you are a perfect tape recording of an already known trouble maker. If you are not here to help then you are here to hinder, so far its hinder. You have been consistant in harrasing Raptor customers for some time now. As for tidying up posts I tided up my own thanks. You best ask the forum owner who has power over what and get back to us with an answer if you like.

Maxy, far from not answering the questions of Cal we have been round and round more times that a bush Rodeo with this lad, and just watch, he will heckle heckle and heckle and not assist anyone with anything.

Check out page 13 bottom right corner of Street Coms mag November issue 2006 for Raptor times! Enough said! Out there for everyone to see and they were not even paid!

Klaw81, it is quick as it is but thats essentially why baseline testing is so important, unless its tested no one would have ever guessed. You are also right I think about the running in etc, makes the world of difference. Next step is extractors etc and see where that puts the VY, then on with the charger kit and see what that does, then finally some mods to the auto to get it shifting better and see what that does.

Last edited:

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
A quick one on the pricing

At Raptor we are flexible in what is supplied, customers pick and choose what they want to compliment what they already have. Some people are so well equipped all they need is the basic brackets, blower and pipes and they can get this for well under $4k quite easily, they arrange their tuning or whatever they want. Not too many companies bother with this hence they have a fixed price, take it or leave it whereas we will help you save $$ where ever possible.

Things which people choose to add or subtract are, tuning, intercooler, intercooling piping, injectors, sparkplugs, boost gauge, etc.

As a rough guide a complete kit (stage 1 VN-VT) is in the mid to high $4k depending on what customer wants after we have discussed their needs.

Fitting charges (by your chosen mechanic) come into the deal if someone needs a kit fitted, 95% of our customers self fit. Its pretty easy (compared to other systems) and no one has strugged with the fitting thus far.

This thread is not dedicated to this information at all but it does answer one sensible question from above.

Last edited:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
To clear a few things up, first of all Raptor (whats ya name mate?) cannot and has not deleted any of the posts in this thread. The posts were deleted by myself, Darren and Garth........so your skating on thin ice Calais having had all 3 admin deleting your posts.
We do not take kindly to our sponsors being attack as you have. Had you asked questions this would be a different story, but I dont call this a question
CalaisV6 said:
Just get headers and exhaust and CAI on the VY and you could hit the low 15's and Tuddles + Bobs Raptor s/c fiited cars that did 15.1 & 15.4 sec down the 1/4mile with 276rwhp well you could wave goodbye to them down the 1/4mile:yeah: :yeah:
As for the times you seem to forget that is they are making the power it then comes down to the driver and the rest of the car setup (suspension, tyres, etc).
Finally as mentioned you only seem to quote the times from there first outtings getting used to a new setup, some of the Raptor cars have gone on to now run mid 13's which isnt to shabby for a basically otherwise stock V6.
If you have any further problems please contact [email protected]
AirStrike :air:

Tuddles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Ute 5 speed 221.48rwkw
Nice time for a stocko, will be interesting to see how it goes once the playing beings.

For those that think my quickest time so far was on slicks you are wrong tyres used are street legal radials with tread just heaps softer than normal road rubber.

chappy

VY2 R8 Clubsport
Reaction score
Website
www.hsv-holden.com.au
Members Ride
VY2 R8 Clubsport
Time to put the money where the mouth is maybe!

maxy0987
I asked simple questions like many others have on the forum why dosent he make his prices public on the forum, every time someone does ask it goes ignored.

My other question was in regards to why bob and tuddles both had slow times and recently tuddles ran with slicks and best time he got was 14.1 with 276rwhp.

I also posted that with headers and exhaust and rockers you could see the VY in the high 14s.

It seems that every time I ask a question relating to his product my posts get deleted or ignored, none of my questions have been answered as well as the questions posted by other users, I constantly get accused of putting down his product which is complete rubbish, I would like to know more on his supercharger like other would.

Raptorsc has clearly stated that "I just tidied up a couple of the posts maxy" read the post above where he makes a comment above.
Seems CalaisV6 just vaporised! He posted above which has since been edited by Raptorsc that its the moderator deleting my posts and he cant delete any post on these forums except the ones posted under his sponsor section, but just made a claim that I just tidied up a couple of the posts maxy.

Maybe if he answered the questions that myself and that other members of this forum ask him I wouldnt have to continue to ask the same questions over as none of the questions have been answered.

------------

OK there is a very simple way out of this whole he said/they said/he did bullshit.

CalaisV6 you go get your VY V6 with extractors, rocker and what ever else and Raptor get one of his V6 blowen vehicles and put them on the track then the turth will all come out.

Oh! and yer can I get $50 at 4 to 1 on the blowen V6 anyone want to cover that bet?

Cheers
chappy

Last edited:

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Whippled 5.7, VE SV6, GU Patrol 3.0DI
If Your only here to prove someone wrong- P?ss Off!!

Hi again Raptor,
I am eagerly anticipating the results of your gradual VY Mod's. Don't forget to let us know as you do each consecutive change! from what I have read from other post's I am Impressed with your Value for money Technique. Im not interested in spending $500 for 1 more KW. You seem to be doing all the hard work and research for us!! Much appreciated. Anticipating your results for the Vy exec. I know I will be strapping one of your Baby's to mine!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: