Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY ECOTEC V6 dragstrip times

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
We took out stock ex fleet VY V6 Auto exec to the local test and tune last Wednesday night to get some baseline times before it becomes a project car.

Quite impressed with the factory stock times! It is car 12 on the timeslip.

15.65@87mph

Anyone else out there getting similar times from auto trans V6?

Last edited:

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Ignoring the ignorance of CalaisV6...

Thats pretty quick for a stocko raptor. Are these cars modified in any way? Weight reduction or tune or anything like that? Wheels and Holden pulled 16's stock, 16.1 being the quoted Holden time I believe. Perhaps they just needed some wearing in :)

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
VY ECOTEC times

Ignoring the ignorance of CalaisV6...

Something would make one think Calais V6 and VT** have a close association. Funny they never mention the 13 second runs hey from Raptor commodores.

On the times, yes my first run was a 16.7, then 15.76, then 15.73, then 15.67 and finally 15.65, mph was similar for all runs +/-1mph. So it has a lot to do with the driver, we really worked on each run depending on last run. Eventually we stalled it up at 2/3 throttle then released the brakes and flattened it on green. That gave best time of all.

On the subject of magazine times we also have a mag here with 16.6 for an executive so yeah. On the night we polished off quite a few slightly modified H series holdens with 308 V8s to give some reference. The only thing we lined up that beat us was an EF falcon with a 9psi SC kit on it, we could knock him off for the first 100m then he would go past like a missle for 14.3 @ 104mph. Of course that is a situation we can reverse with ease :D

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
Seems CalaisV6 just vaporised!

I just added an image of the machine, its like dead set stock straight from Leukemia foundation fleet in Brisbane, thinking lady driver and its just done 55 000km.

Spare wheel removed was only prep we did. Like you say, impressive.

C

CalaisV6

Raptorsc said:
Seems CalaisV6 just vaporised!

I just added an image of the machine, its like dead set stock straight from Leukemia foundation fleet in Brisbane, thinking lady driver and its just done 55 000km.

Spare wheel removed was only prep we did. Like you say, impressive.

Deleting peoples posts just becauce you dont like the questions being asked.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
The above provides the proof of start performance and of course there will be performance benchmarks set at the end of each step when we enter the supercharging phase.

Back on topic ............. are there any other VY owners who have tested their V6 Autos and have a timeslip?

Last edited:

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I'm not that suprised since it's an executive and has 50,000 ks on it so should be quite a bit quicker than a brand new one, but I think it still must have been put together nicely in the factory. There's a guy with a almost stock VX?? on SC that has run 15.3

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
I would've liked calaisV6s posts put back if possible (or maybe edited). The posts by raptor above make sweet FA sense without them really.

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
I just tidied up a couple of the posts maxy

Ever tried your V6 Exec for times? Trying to get a handle on whether midish 15s are the norm for a VY V6 Auto

C

CalaisV6

I just tidied up a couple of the posts maxy

Ever tried your V6 Exec for times? Trying to get a handle on whether midish 15s are the norm for a VY V6 Auto

maxy0987
I asked simple questions like many others have on the forum why dosent he make his prices public on the forum, every time someone does ask it goes ignored.

My other question was in regards to why bob and tuddles both had slow times and recently tuddles ran with slicks and best time he got was 14.1 with 276rwhp.

I also posted that with headers and exhaust and rockers you could see the VY in the high 14s.

It seems that every time I ask a question relating to his product my posts get deleted or ignored, none of my questions have been answered as well as the questions posted by other users, I constantly get accused of putting down his product which is complete rubbish, I would like to know more on his supercharger like other would.

Raptorsc has clearly stated that "I just tidied up a couple of the posts maxy" read the post above where he makes a comment above.
Seems CalaisV6 just vaporised! He posted above which has since been edited by Raptorsc that its the moderator deleting my posts and he cant delete any post on these forums except the ones posted under his sponsor section, but just made a claim that I just tidied up a couple of the posts maxy.

Maybe if he answered the questions that myself and that other members of this forum ask him I wouldnt have to continue to ask the same questions over as none of the questions have been answered.