Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy executive fuel gauge problem

scottmcguinness172

Reaction score
hi guys i bought a vy executive and i picked it up and i noticed it had half a tank of fuel so i filled it up and when i left the servo the fuel gauge was reading empty amd the low fuel alarm goes off and says distance till empty has anyone had this problem and how do ya fix it or what could be the problem i have been driving it around thinking the sender unit was stuck or something but i apprears to be doing the same thing when i fill it up i havnt ran it empty so im not sure if it says full on the gauge when it is actually empty any help would be great

cheers scott

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
If it's working back to front which it sounds like it is then it is the wrong fuel gauge. This I think happens when you put a dash from a differnet series in. Not sure which way it goes but for example a series 2 dash in a series 1 car. It looks like your dash may have been changed over for one reason or another? I think you can go to Holden and get it fixed or try a fuel gauge from the same series as your car.

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
sweet thanks mate how can ya tell if its a series 1 or 2 dash??

I think it's the colour of the electrical connector on the back or you could ring up holden with it's part number and see what it is out of.

terrya351

Reaction score
Members Ride
bmw 318
Hi Guys,driving the other day and low fuel warning beeped, but as it said I still had 35km till empty,I left it for a couple days.when I put fuel in ($60) and drove off it started beeping again and telling me fuel was low,then it would go up to full tank for a while and then back to m/t. very erratic.
Have search lots of forums but know one seems to have an answer.
Has anyone got a solution to this one ???
P.S.have had car for 3years and no previous problems
cheers Terry

Last edited: