Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Executive Sedan Series 1 - Click noise when braking.

snitschke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S1
Hi Everyone - I've been searching for a solution to what may be a minor issue, but as it's brake related would like some advice. For about the last 6 months I have noticed a click when I brake at low speed. The sound appears to be coming from the top of the engine bay, near the master cylinder. The noise appears to be louder on a hot day - even if the car is cold, if I park in the sun the click will certainly be loud and very audible. It happens when I push the brake, even if I move forward only an inch. At the last service I had new pads on the front and had the rotors machined. I also had new suspension bushes on the front end. The feel of the brakes is perfect, and it will pull up without any issues at all. I'm not a mechanic, and I haven't ever removed a master cylinder, but I imagine that the noise could be something as simple as a loose linkage between the pedal and the master cylinder, or could it be more sinister? As I don't know what this is, it's doing my head in! Anyone come across this before? Any suggestions?

Oh, and I am aware that the front & rear shocks are near shagged, and plan to get them replaced next service, but it doesn't sound like them?

Thanks for any thoughts