Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Executive Wheel Nuts

VYExecutive1986

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
Hi All,

I have a VY Executive with steel rims, open ended nuts and hub caps.

Today I bought a set of Acclaim alloys. Would I be ok using the open ended nuts and grabbing some chrome coloured plastic caps? Or should I buy a set of mag m12x1.5 full nuts?

Cheers
Simon

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
I would suggest you try one wheel, and the important thing would be if the wheel nut has enough holding thread, that is to say the wheel stud should at least have some thread poking through the nut when the nut is fully done up.

Also check if the angle on the wheel nut (flared section) matches the reamed out section of the wheel.

I have never used or seen Acclaim wheels with genuine nuts, so I would have to ask if the genuine nuts have the female shank section which goes into the hole to locate the wheel on the nuts as a lot of wheels do.

I would venture to say any wheel shop would want to sell you new nuts if they had them, but on the other hand would say use standard nuts are ok if they did not have the genuine nuts to sell you.

My 2 cents worth.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Steel wheels you can use both types of nuts.
Alloy wheels use alloy wheel nuts only.