Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Extractor Advice

wanted7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exe
Hey guyz just after some opinions on Extractors for a VY V6, whats the best brand n how your fuel economy was afterwards, was thinking bout extractors as i already have 2.5 cat back, but dont know now with these crazy fuel prices!!!

cheers

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
your best bet would be sticking with the big brands ie pacemaker, genie, hurricane etc

coldasice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 A4
I fitted Pacemaker extractors to my past 3 cars. I think a good option would be the Pacemaker super6 extractors (fit the 6 also) as they are only a little more in cost and have a larger pipe diameter.

My brother has used Genie extractors before but they ended up getting a crack in them and he ended up putting Pacemakers on, like I told him to in the first place :)

V

vyyoot

Definately go with HM Headers as they give the widest powerband out of them all.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
vyyoot said:
Definately go with HM Headers as they give the widest powerband out of them all.

HM headers are good, but Pacemaker are still so much better built, and are overall a much better product. But yes they are restricted to 3500+ rpm sorta range, where as HM is basically from idle onwards... Not as much of a difference in the VY's as what their used to be in the VN to VR's though.

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
We will be using HM on our VY project car, nothing against any other brand tho, seen good results with all brands

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
CalaisV6 said:
You would need every bolt on you can think of to get your Raptor s/c running. Did you hear that Tuddles ran 15.1 1/4mile with 276rwhp with raptor s/c and with slicks he ran 14.1 with 276rwp.

Get pacemakers they are better built.

Get over it man. Raptor make a great product and its also great value. Jealousy will get you nowhere :p

But you are right about the choice of Headers. Pacemaker is a much better quality product and there is no doubt it will give the best max horsepower, its just the power curve where HM would have an advantage.

V

vyyoot

If you want it to look pretty under the bonnet go with pacies. HM will definately give you more grunt, they don't look as nice but who cares!!! Power is what counts!

Willz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turismo Sv6 with leather
Pacies or HM's are good pick one and be happy

dont get super6 headers and chuck them on a stock emotec

mate put them on his vu and it is gutless below 4k - u really can notice it! i owned a n/a vx s at the same time and the difference was substantial

also made it sound kinda farty if that makes sense - it also has a genie cat back on it

wanted7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exe
well pacemakers seem to get the nod, so probably go get some quotes on the w/end, thanks for the advice fellas