Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy factory manual or buy auto and convert?

milo

Reaction score
I did a Manual Conversion on my VY V6 about 9 months ago it will cost a fair bit more then $2500 and i really suggest you know what your doing mine cost me as follows

Gearbox $900
Tail shaft $250
Clutch Pedal,Manual Gearbox Mount, Shifter assembly $330
Solid Flywheel,Exeddy Clutch and pressure plate $1300
Wiring Harness $100 (off eBay)
Master and Slave Cylinder $260 (new)
and i ended up spending about $600 on Random Bolts, Screw, Trims, Inspection Covers, Hydrolic lines, etc etc

It took me and a friend about 10 hours to do, having not done one before, after it was done i took it to my friends at holden and had them reflash the ECU to a manual program im not sure what they would charge for this service.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
yeah just be careful when buying a manual s pack... wasnt really too careful with mine (being 19, dumb and really wanting a manual) and realised asfter i bought it that it had essentially been flogged as a burnout macnhine (found the service receipt hidden in the manual and back tires 90% worn front tyres 10% worn) and the engine blew up 4 months later
took it back even though it was out of warranty and they put a second hand engine in it and a new radiator for $250... i geuss im just a stubborn prick sometimes cause it took me 2 months to get that price lol

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
yeah just be careful when buying a manual s pack... wasnt really too careful with mine (being 19, dumb and really wanting a manual) and realised asfter i bought it that it had essentially been flogged as a burnout macnhine (found the service receipt hidden in the manual and back tires 90% worn front tyres 10% worn) and the engine blew up 4 months later
took it back even though it was out of warranty and they put a second hand engine in it and a new radiator for $250... i geuss im just a stubborn prick sometimes cause it took me 2 months to get that price lol

Thats the case for any manual car.

The fact that the rears where worse off than the fronts dosent realy mean it was a burn out machine, i have a VY manual and dont go around droping the clutch everywhere but i still need to change the rears and fronts at different times due to the IRS rear end..