Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY front windows not working

Big jay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais stroker/VY commodore exec
G'day guys,
I'm new to all this so here i go...
I've recently picked up a clean vy executive and the front windows aren't working at all. When i press the button, i can hear a very faint click but that's it. Both the rears work fine.
I've replaced the switch block for a new unit and still nothing. Can anyone assist because I've got to get these things working so i can get a rwc. Cheers in advance.

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
It will be either a faulty master switch or bcm, the bcm operates the auto down function but normally when faulty allows the window to go down a little bit each time you press the switch. If you have a local wrecker you might be able to swap parts to see if any of these fixes it.

Big jay

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok. Well i fitted a brand new switch block today and still nothing. So it must be the bcm. When i hit the switch, i can hear something clicking under the dash. Any idea how much a new or used bcm will cost me? And is it as easy as unplug and replace? Cheers

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
Not sure how much the bcm will cost you but it will need to be programmed to your ecu or your car wont start, you can plug a second hand one in just to confirm that is the fault.

Big jay

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok no worries. Cheers